i am the downfall of our education system! (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Sometimes the full-fee payers are more passionate, interested and dedicated than all the hecs ppl who are doing law "coz they can", and thrash us marks wise. In that respect they may "deserve" to be there more than any of us. Also they have to work damn hard, because most would want to transfer into hecs next semester.

Also, there are other ways for people who aren't able or willing to pay the fees - transfer in second year, do graduate law, go to another uni etc etc etc...Fee payers only become a "problem" once HECS places are actively reduced to make way for them - and by lifting the threshold that may be what the govt is proposing (assuming of course the total capacity of the course doesnt rise by using feepayers to subsidise to a minor extent the other hecs students)...So yes thats my 2c with a prospective 30% price hike, and 3.5% interest indexed to inflation....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah thats right what Timmii said, if ppl are willing to pay the enormous full-fees it obviously means they really wanna be there and they're not there just cos they can.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
there is never equality in this world stop bitching about the rich being able to become lawyers or wotever ...

if a poor kid cant afford getting in thats just tough luck he/she shud have studied harder knowing that he had to get higher marks to get into the course he/she wanted

worry about your own future - not others

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Look, alot of people who whine about the few kids who get into full fee paying courses are just shitty that they weren't in a position to do the same -- Typical tall poppy sydrome. If we can't get it, we'll chop down the few that can. I think the system is as fair as it should be right now -- Esspecially since the difference between HECS and fee-payers is a matter of 3 or 4 UAI points.

Leave the system as it is, Howard!!!!!!.... Bloody Liberals

timmii

sporadic attendee
at sydney u needed 98.15 to fee-pay....i think that was higher than the actual hecs cut off at macq....:p People reckon its an easy way out - far from it.

timmii

sporadic attendee
SHE

What She said....*sigh* new recruits to be trained :rolleyes:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh sorry!
ur nick is very misleading... cause and effect..
i think from now on, i should refer to the person instead of using a pronoun just to be on the safe side

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)