I am so OLD!!! (1 Viewer)

khosanman

HSC
Well I just turned 25, I am so much older then all of you. I only really started about getting my career started these past few months.

I feel so far behind, while many of you are already a couple of years into jobs at top notch accounting firms and other firms, here I am only about to begin my actual career job with goldman sachs in a lowly analyst role in private wealth.

I am so far behind the 8-ball.

Just had to let it out. Also does anyone know if its possible to move from private wealth into other divisions after say a year, cause I could really see myself more in asset management or even more so corporate finance? Or would it be easier once I have finished my CFA or masters, or just not really posible at all?

Cheers guys.

khosanman

HSC
I am a mere double bachelor of accounting / banking and finance graduate.

With 1 year experience working overseas for a small firm in copenhagen doing international tax type accounting, company admin work.

But I wasnt really asking for help. Just an answer to that question, and to let out some steam about my old age. Would love to be 19 again, good times.

khosanman

HSC
Well lets hope Im on trace at goldman sachs now, and get a year or 2 of work under the belt there and head off overseas again!!! whoopdee doo

gpower

HSC
Well I'd love to work for GS... but I'm heading to Deloitte this year as a trainee...

ks21

HSC
Lol, I know a guy who will be earning 65 K next year, who turns 20 in November this year.

ks21

HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
thats nice cash, is he uni student? cadet?
He graduates at the end of the year with actuarial studies (so it's a fulltime position).

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
ks21 said:
He graduates at the end of the year with actuarial studies (so it's a fulltime position).

can i ask which organisation that's with? and the role

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahah this is the first uni forum thread that has made me LOL multiple times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)