i am screwed! (1 Viewer)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
heheh the idea of leaving it to the last minute sounds good... but the "last minute" in my case is during our trial exams :D i REALLY dont think i could handle the stress...

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
when do you guys have to hand in the final work??
as I said, according to my teacher he wants our final/finished work by June 28th...

hahaha, yah I'm so a last minute person. my teacher even said that last year he had students in his office at 12 AM finishing their works (panicking of course...) :rolleyes:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
*hands begin shaking*

4 months?

4 MONTHS?????

4 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*catching breath*

It seems so much closer when you say "4 months" instead of my usual "Oh yeah somewhere round the end of August"

Well, I also pretty much have zilch.... lots of ideas, just no decent poetry yet....

Shit.

Well, I'm not going to sleep tonight now lol

HSC
Originally posted by ellipsis
Hey wow, thats great !

Can I ask how you did on the assesments for 4u during the year ? Were they any indication ?

Oh, and what did you do ? Can we read it/see it/hear it ?
for the assessments I didn't go that great. I only got 40/50. I was going well up until the last few assessments which weren't that great because of my lack of work...:eek:

I did a sci-fi story, I'll post it up one day. But my hard drive was wiped a while ago, and the only digital copy I have is on a floppy and my floppy drive is dead. To be honest, I didn't think I would get such a good mark for it, there were still some grammatical errors... and it was obvious the ending was rather rushed.

I didn't work out how I was gonna end the story until the last week...:p

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker

for the assessments I didn't go that great. I only got 40/50. I was going well up until the last few assessments which weren't that great because of my lack of work...:eek:

I did a sci-fi story, I'll post it up one day. But my hard drive was wiped a while ago, and the only digital copy I have is on a floppy and my floppy drive is dead. To be honest, I didn't think I would get such a good mark for it, there were still some grammatical errors... and it was obvious the ending was rather rushed.

I didn't work out how I was gonna end the story until the last week...:p
you make it sound like your story is crap. and everyone's been telling us that we need to produce exceptional work for a really good mark.
damn it, I'm sure your work is really good!
are you being modest??:D

this holidays is going to be so...............anglo.
:rolleyes:

elfgal

i think i have the biggest disaster story for finishing my 4 unit...a week before it was due i got struck with these immensely severe migraine headaches that lasted 2 1/2 weeks (in the middle of trials too). i couldn't see out of one eye & my head almost exploded if i looked at even the tiniest bit of light. i was only 4000 words into my story and that wasn't even structured properly - it was all these random paragraphs that were related in some way that i hadn't figured out yet. and i hadn't started my reflection statement..so i was somewhat panicked coz i couldn't exactly ask for an extension when we'd had all year :rolleyes: so until 7am the day it was due, i was dictating my work to my dad who was typing for me, or sometimes squinting at the computer through sunglasses and trying to do it myself...it was the biggest nightmare...then i was too sick to go hand it in, so my mum had to do it...
but it all turned out good - i got 48 :D
moral - don't stress, things work out. and 4u does feel like a big achievment when you finally get it done :p

malayz_angel

Yikes... I can so see that happening to me...if I can twist my ankle two nights before my big English speech and three consecutive exams...then get the flu the night before my most dreaded exam--eco...man, I dont want to know what bad luck will befall me during my trials.

elfgal

*is definitely NOT a genius*

i dunno if it's easy or hard to get a good mark, i don't even know if you can look at it that way. obviously writing 6-8000 words of interesting, engaging stuff (for a short story) involves effort, but they are marking you on how well you write, and most ppl that do ee2 are good writers so i think many ppl would've done well. what worried me heaps for most of the year was that i coudn't rely on my writing skills to gain an edge over other ppl in this course, coz most ppl doing it would probably be able to write as well as me or better. or that a mark of 40+ wouldn't do much good for my uai if 50% of candidates got that mark or higher :(

i think it's easier to lose marks/positions at school level, probably. like my friend got told by her teacher that her work was absolutely hopeless and that there really wasn't much that was good about it, but she ended up getting 42.
keep your teachers on your side :p

HSC
Originally posted by Ollz San

you make it sound like your story is crap. and everyone's been telling us that we need to produce exceptional work for a really good mark.
damn it, I'm sure your work is really good!
are you being modest??:D

this holidays is going to be so...............anglo.
:rolleyes:
Honestly, I'm not being modest. I had a habit of typing except instead of accept (and vice versa), and when I handed it in I had "except" instead of "accept".... and also parts of it were quite cliche for a Sci-Fi story... anyways I'm gonna put it up on my site pretty soon, I'll tell ya when I do...

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker

Honestly, I'm not being modest. I had a habit of typing except instead of accept (and vice versa), and when I handed it in I had "except" instead of "accept".... and also parts of it were quite cliche for a Sci-Fi story... anyways I'm gonna put it up on my site pretty soon, I'll tell ya when I do...
do tell us when you put it up.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
woah shit man this thread brings back memories... yergh. get it away from mee!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
I did a film script.. hmm I might go back and read it I kind of wanted to get away from it really soon so I haven't read it since the night before it was due last year.. or actually, two hours before it was due last year cos I was still editing it at 7am the morning it was due.. =S

Yeah that's a piece of advice. Don't fuckin change your idea 2 weeks before your major work is due and have trial exams to cram for as well. ARGH that was oh-so painful..!

anyway, yeah it was a film script about like domestic violence and .. stuff. pm me if you're interested in reading it I might still have it somewhere =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)