I am lacking all means of motivation... (1 Viewer)

Mudcake

HSC
haha wow ironically reading this NINE PAGE discussion was a wonderful means of distraction for studying, also i completely agree all helpful advice has been disregarded in the midst of this hilarious feud-esk argument on here

I do have a bit of advice that doesnt really par on the medical side (apart from advising to make sure ur getting enough iron, especially if ur a girl, since its a common deficiency that makes people feel worn down)...anyway so I also suffer from not caring at all all of a sudden and having lost my motivation so I decided whatever i do will be good enough and ill crack down even closer to the exams, when i feel like i truly need to get more motivated i remember back to the me who was way more motivated and studies heaps to reach my potential and i picture that me getting REALLY angry at the me who isnt working...metaphorically the lazy me is kinda lollying around on the ground and i have to picture the motivated me coming over and physically kicking my ass till i get up and start working!

Good luck with it if you need the motivation but don't worry too much if it comes and goes, its just how it works sometimes, it'll come back as long as you let yourself rest a bit.

Also enough everyone with the criticising the people who are self-acclaimed perfectionists what does it bother you if thats how they feel? I also hate people getting angry at me for saying damn i only got *blank* only because it's not always up to my standards or because i made a silly mistake..

wow ive said more than i intended...all up good luck all, stop attacking each other so much and study but don't over do it...and don't kill urself...please :)

half squat

HSC
i completely agree with you but i disagree on one point. "Don't compete with other people" i think competing with other people drives the HSC its competition and thats what makes it fun and challenging.

A good way i try to motivate myself is by reading other peoples HSC success stories.

lizzie_6288

HSC
don't listen to the awful things people can say.
"princess-y" and such are such terrible things to say to someone when they are going through what you are.

i've been through what you're feeling. i had my mind set so high in coming in at the best. but the best advice i was given, and i mean no offence in any way at all, was that you should set your goals to an easy level, just once, then getting that goal has some kind of self convincing power that its not all that bad to not come first, it just feels amazing to get to somewhere you aimed. that pushes you forward each time you reach a goal then you just aim a little higher.

im in year 11 too, just about to start year 12. and i went in thinking, hey, i came 10th in math last year, i'll be fine. but GOD, the school im at now is freakin' hard, so then i set my goal for a pass, so 50%, but i reached it. then i aimed for 60%, and i got there. now, im aiming for 70%.

sorry if i ranted, but you aren't alone.
:)

leungz

HSC
.........Anyway, what's a good way to get motivated? Does tutoring give you that extra drive? Any tips?
dw im failing every single preliminary exam right now, averaging just under 70% per test, u need to talk to your family tell them to stop putting pressure on you about ur high expectations, every year is different there are new challenges. Dont give up failing gives u more motivation to work harder, fail now and in year 12 u will not fail because everything in that year counts :D

Jeee

Banned
HSC
dw im failing every single preliminary exam right now, averaging just under 70% per test, u need to talk to your family tell them to stop putting pressure on you about ur high expectations, every year is different there are new challenges. Dont give up failing gives u more motivation to work harder, fail now and in year 12 u will not fail because everything in that year counts :D
Thanks for your advice :) I'm not failing anything, just feeling dead and pointless at this point of life. I hope you do well next year too.

Geneveg

HSC
i fucking loled
you actually believed that year 11 means anything? AND YOU BURNED YOURSELF OUT DURING IT?!?!
haha
you were one of those who stupidly acted on the countless times teachers told you that you can't just work hard in year 12 and get a good mark. ah well, your mistake. enjoy being beaten by people like me who never start thinking about studying until yr 12 when it actually matters.

also ITT: girl gets good rankings in all girls school and thinks its an achievement.
biggest load of bullshit i have seen on this site so far. yeah, have FUN with that.

i didn't study at ALL in yr 10 (still got band 5/6). I'm in yr 12, and wish i had. studying is a habit, one which i don't have.

to motivational-needing person. same thing hppened to me. the thing i'd say is, study now because if you let yourself get beaten down, when you look back, you'll wish you had. you need to manage the disappointment now, because if you get on top of it now, things will probably get better, but if you (like me) let it get on top of you, you will fall even further behind.

try to remember, though, that marks aren't everything, they are only a very small part of life. :)

Cowbell

HSC
biggest load of bullshit i have seen on this site so far. yeah, have FUN with that.

i didn't study at ALL in yr 10 (still got band 5/6). I'm in yr 12, and wish i had. willpower is a trait, one which i don't have.
fixed for you

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Comprehened every form of criticism and downfall along with its rudimentary causes, inorder to rectify them and prevent any such mistakes again.
Just look at the person above and set a target to beat them asap.

Last edited:

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Rightio. I have been taken out of context.
I'm not even remotely talking about intelligence levels. I don't need to be told such. I for one, understand that a high school topic test is not truly a measure of intelligence (to an extent yes), more so, it indicates hard work (to an extent also).
I, in this thread, am asking for a means of motivation (but that's over with now, I think I've gotten into that frame of mind). Just wanted to ask you guys about how to prepare mentally for year 12; how to avoid breakdowns, remain optimistic, motivated etc.
So thanks for your measly attempt that in no way reinforces anything positive.
Ciao.
it would 'motivate' the posters if you actually showed some sort of apt appreciation to serious attempts in answering your question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)