I am lacking all means of motivation... (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Are you saying that law and political science does not use critical thinking? ................................................................

No, I'm saying the best 'political scientists' (if there is such a thing) are not the type of people who would go and take a political science course.
Undergraduate arts course, 'media', 'international studies' etc..are all aimed at weirdos who, sadly, cannot differentiate between interesting 'topics' and worthwhile intellectual pursuits.
Law can be allright I guess, but it's mainly reading and rote learning..not very 'critical' or thought provoking, and there is a huge 'education bubble' in it ,i.e way to many grads.(btw do not go into 'law' if you habor some ill-concieved 'boston legal' fantasy).

Jeee

Banned
HSC
No, I'm saying the best 'political scientists' (if there is such a thing) are not the type of people who would go and take a political science course.
Undergraduate arts course, 'media', 'international studies' etc..are all aimed at weirdos who, sadly, cannot differentiate between interesting 'topics' and worthwhile intellectual pursuits.
Law can be allright I guess, but it's mainly reading and rote learning..not very 'critical' or thought provoking, and there is a huge 'education bubble' in it ,i.e way to many grads.(btw do not go into 'law' if you habor some ill-concieved 'boston legal' fantasy).
Idk, I think I want to do international law, hence my reason for wanting to learn a third language, so I can work with/in other countries. I think saying law doesn't require critical thinking is a bit harsh. Out of all the humanities subjects, it requires the most.

fredinhose

HSC
Why don't you get over yourself ignoramus? Seriously, I have had ENOUGH of your shit. Don't fucking reply to me or write in my threads.
KTHANXBAI.

spengbab is right, you are a cunt

fredinhose

HSC
Me too.

Yeah. Quit it.

no.

Perfectionsism is an imperfection, not a sign of immaturity. We infact learn it from a young age, for whatever reason. We're over-achievers, and we won't stop at 2nd place. Second place, dizzy, is just not fucking good enough. No-one remembers 2nd place. Heck, even first place isn't satisfactory.

TBH, I don't know how to 'fix' perfectionism. I've got this hospital hand out on perfectionism the psychologist gave me, haven't read it though...
cunt

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
given the fact that you are on a forum talking about doing well at school pretty much guarantees the fact you are well above the 'state average' who one would think is either huffing petrol or on WoW or both at the present moment.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
given the fact that you are on a forum talking about doing well at school pretty much guarantees the fact your are well above the 'state average' who one would think is either huffing petrol or on WoW or both at the present moment.

I only gave my marks because somebody asked for it...
This isn't solely about marks, it's just about getting on top of things and feeling alright about it.

lychnobity

HSC
hate to take sides, but sit back and take on board tommykins' advice - infinite wisdom right there.

protip - get over yourself? (srsly)
Get to work, head down, pen out, brain going full steam ahead. That apathetic state nearly never goes away, 'inspiration' comes once in a blue moon.

HSC
N/A
okay, well I wouldnt class Law as a 'humanity', I'd say it's a discipline in its own right. I dont have anything against 'law' as such, some sub-feilds definately require critical thinking (I meant the ugrad course 'law' is mosty rote reading), I'd just advise, do not go into 'international law' or whatever because it sounds sophisticated, do it for the right reasons, i.e. you actually need and want to obtain the knowledge taught in the degree.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
okay, well I wouldnt class Law as a 'humanity', I'd say it's a discipline in its own right. I dont have anything against 'law' as such, some sub-feilds definately require critical thinking (I meant the ugrad course 'law' is mosty rote reading), I'd just advise, do not go into 'international law' or whatever because it sounds sophisticated, do it for the right reasons, i.e. you actually need and want to obtain the knowledge taught in the degree.

Lol, no way, I wouldn't do something that sounded 'sophisticated' and regret the rest of my life hating it. I want to do it because I'm very interested in human rights etc etc...but pretty tough to get amazing job opportunities such as as working at the HAGUE (!), being an ambassador etc etc

fredinhose

HSC
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c9gP1f8NkbQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c9gP1f8NkbQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

your performance on exam day will determine a 98 from a 92

its a flip of the coin and you shouldn't base your options on a 'chance' degree or some bullshit like that unless you want to work loose like a whore's cunt.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
And I really hate it when people give me weird looks when I say "Dammit, I got 98%". Okay yeah it's a fantabulous mark by your standards, but not by my own. Perfectionists's standard = 110%
If you don't get me, then you're clearly not a perfectionist. I'm happy for you :) I wish I wasn't so hard on myself =[
I get that all the time!! It sucks, because you feel disappointed in yourself because you think 'Oh, darn, I could have gotten full marks, that would have been GROOVEH', but you don't the person thinking that you're showboating your result.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
stop putting pressure on yourself. at the end of the day you gotta learn that you can't always be at the top. yes, you naturally love to make things perfect. when you're out there working, you're going to be competing against thousands of other professionals in the same industry. eventually you'll learn that you can't always achieve first place.

i got band 6s in SC too. i can understand where you're coming from. the expectation of trying to achieve the same thing in senior year. when it hit yr 11, things became incredibly different for me. i accepted the fact that i can't always constantly achieve the same good marks as i did in year 10. but saying this, it's good to display good sportsmanship skills. you come 2nd place or whatever; that's fine. try again next time. don't have to be all depressed about it. as much as i wanted to come first in business studies, i came 2nd. i was entirely content about it. i didn't contemplate the fact that i should have worked harder to get that shiny first place.

this might be overly said, but it's year 11. you shouldn't be stressing so much. like hell, i'm 17 and loving my social life!! i'll start stressing next term when HSC actually starts :)

chew gum. it helps.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
stop putting pressure on yourself. at the end of the day you gotta learn that you can't always be at the top. yes, you naturally love to make things perfect. when you're out there working, you're going to be competing against thousands of other professionals in the same industry. eventually you'll learn that you can't always achieve first place.

i got band 6s in SC too. i can understand where you're coming from. the expectation of trying to achieve the same thing in senior year. when it hit yr 11, things became incredibly different for me. i accepted the fact that i can't always constantly achieve the same good marks as i did in year 10. but saying this, it's good to display good sportsmanship skills. you come 2nd place or whatever; that's fine. try again next time. don't have to be all depressed about it. as much as i wanted to come first in business studies, i came 2nd. i was entirely content about it. i didn't contemplate the fact that i should have worked harder to get that shiny first place.

this might be overly said, but it's year 11. you shouldn't be stressing so much. like hell, i'm 17 and loving my social life!! i'll start stressing next term when HSC actually starts :)

chew gum. it helps.
Well said.

I would also like to add that high school is not the be all and end all :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)