Hypothetical (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
Pretend that voting was made voluntary. Which major party would lose the most votes? Justify.

HSC
all those parties like 'legalise marijuana party' and '3 day weekend party' whose voters who vote for them because they sound funny/cool/lame/whatever

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Which ever party appears first on the ballot sheet... seems to me that alot of people don't really care and just go because they have to and 'tick' the first box.
I'm thinking Liberal appears first? ..but I don't really know.

Rorix

HSC
The way I see it:

The ALP would lose the votes of deadbeats who think the ALP will be more generous with welfare than the Liberal party (for obvious reasons), as well as the youth voters who can't really be bothered to get out and vote (or those that are so far left they consider both parties the same)

The Liberal party will lose votes from people who don't really care about politics, but are scared of terrorism/immigrants etc. etc., as well as the (primarily) rednecks who think the government 'doesn't know what it's like to be them', but can't bring themself to vote Labor.

I can't decide :(.

lilkatie

I'd say ALP would lose votes, as teh people who vote for ALP are generally 'less educated' and don't have a grasp on economical concerns as liberal is all pro good economy whereas labor is 'let in all teh refugees'. I dunno that's just a call. Please no one hurt me now lol

Alvin Yeap

I AM alvin dammit!
*Katie* said:
I'd say ALP would lose votes, as teh people who vote for ALP are generally 'less educated' and don't have a grasp on economical concerns as liberal is all pro good economy whereas labor is 'let in all teh refugees'. I dunno that's just a call. Please no one hurt me now lol

A number of people who vote labor are middle class intellectuals. People who have been university educated in the last 20 years.

Its a popular conception that less eduated people vote labor. But seriously all that happens is joe ignorant finds himself in a white collar job and feels he should suddenly vote liberal because he has gone up in the world. He is now upper class or at least aspires to be upper class. Hence he should vote liberal. This person is the dunderhead.

Or people who 'think' they are smart decide they should vote liberal because the smart voter votes liberal (massibe sarcasm there)...

Fucking bullshit at the highest level.

The lines of division between who votes alp and who votes liberal have changed. Mainly due to the general apathy of many Australians towards politics and actually understanding it.

And no its not politicians being boring. Its societies ever increasing 'me first' attitude and 'i dont give a fuck about anyone but my self ' attitude. Coupled along with massive consumerism ie buying things to make yourself feel better about yourself. Material things come to be valued over civic responsibility and the importance of government and the role of law makers in shaping the country. Not some fuckwit on big brother or gretel killeen and her criminally cringeworthy scrips or the actors on friends.

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
Yup, a lot of intellectual professions are left-leaning e.g. scientists, university professors

cayte

Spot on Alvin. Fucking bullshit at the highest level is right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)