Human Rights (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
ive got a good one for ya but it might be a bit scary for u especially if ur male... which im guessing u r from ur nick

female genital mutilation... there is heaps of info on the net about it an it is quite a contentious issue

sophi

hey, slavery is a good case study for both international & domestic human rights. try the SMH archieves for article there's heaps of good ones. you can also bring in the fact that it is an international crime & outlawed by numerous international treaties.

good luck!!

adamj

Female Genital Mutilation comes under Slavery in many ways, becuase of the social depreviation of rights and exploitation.

well i think that the recent human rights issue concerning children in detention centres would be your best option........ it concerns domestic human rights which would earn brownie points with markers- there's plenty of resources for this issue and you can even bring in issues concerning the high court of Australia and the family courts jurisdiction..............

Saved!

Yeh, there's lots to talk about, mandatory detention of asylum seekers...
If in the exam however you have a mind blank and cant remember any issues at all, just have a flick back to the multiple choice section... In my trial and half yearly I answered a short answer question straight from a multiple choice question and got full marks both times.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
detention centres will be the best thing to write about because markers are impressed by relevant issues to the time as well as things that scrutinize the effectiveness of domestic Australian law in protecting human rights.

meh

apartheid in south africa

btw unless u talk about something like child sex labour ur screwed if they ask ya for a 'recent' human rights issue if u just talk about slavery

asylum seekers is also great, heaps of media stuff on it too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)