Human Rights short answer (1 Viewer)

overthaedge

HSC
I've done a few short answer questions, but quite a few times the question "examine how sovereignty can be an impediment to human rights"... anyway, I was wondering what the likelihood it is that they'll ask something similar to that in this years hsc, like, have they asked something similar in previous years?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
if it's on the syllabus it can be asked :p

i think its reasonably likely that it can be asked this year, i think the trend of the BOS qu's now is moving towards the international part of LS..but, noone can predict :p

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
gosh, i'd be thrilled if i got that question!

its easier than some of the weirder ones i've seen in other people's trials

u know the answer... rite?

overthaedge

HSC
hahahah yeah i do... i've done the question wayyy too many times not to lol

I did a whole heap of short answer questions yesterday, they tend to be fine when its human rights, but if they decide to do Law and Justice, which they havent yet, things'll be interesting.

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
no biggie hun

if its law and justice

its usually:

rule of law
notion of justice
few definitions
equality vs. equity

i'd rather law and justice... hate all the subjective bs that comes with human rights!

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
well, you'll have to refer to the 5 elements:

- equality
- fairness
- access
- equity
- human rights

and then talk a bit on each one!

hth sweets

carlz_07

HSC
don't forget also, that a question could come up such as: What is a bill of rights? They are easy questions, but don't ignore them because some of my friends and I got it in our trials and some of them had no idea how to write a good answer.

But there's a trend, there's usually a question about how human rights are protected under australian law....

overthaedge

HSC
Yeah thats true, apparently they keep asking the human rights questions cause its been done so poorly in the past, so they tend to disregard the law and justice section.

carlz_07

HSC
yeah. but it's so easy! just remember to put in stuff like in the constitution (section 109, I think) and in common and statute law...

overthaedge

HSC
hahah yeah you're right, the short answer section is generally the easy party, but its also where i lose my marks for some reason, i just need to raise my marks in that section and get crime above 21 and ill be able to get a mid-high band 6... Not too worried about legals though lol.

carlz_07

HSC
really? I tend to lose my marks in crime in the last part.. not too many though... usually get full marks or close to it in multiple choice and in my trials I got full marks in law and justice and human rights... and then my essays I lose about 3 or 4 marks so I have to work on them too. But law and justice - I love!

mcjaffa

damn the multiples! it seems that for a lot of people they're easy, but if you get a Q wrong, it's... wrong. the wording of the question is so often the basis for the "best" answer -- and thus it becomes more about semantics than actually knowing your material...

i find i have to "dumb my brain down" to answer the Q's correctly because if i spend too long on them i read too much into them and it can get really confusing.

does anyone else find this/have difficulty picking the "best" answer as opposed to a "possibly right" answer...?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
mickmeister said:
damn the multiples! it seems that for a lot of people they're easy, but if you get a Q wrong, it's... wrong. the wording of the question is so often the basis for the "best" answer -- and thus it becomes more about semantics than actually knowing your material...

i find i have to "dumb my brain down" to answer the Q's correctly because if i spend too long on them i read too much into them and it can get really confusing.

does anyone else find this/have difficulty picking the "best" answer as opposed to a "possibly right" answer...?
yeah, i am bad with multy choice, i tend to go for the distractor options, like for my trial i got 8/15

bloody crappy multy choice

overthaedge

HSC
mickmeister said:

Hahah, yeah I do that too sometimes, but multiple choice generally takes me half the time it takes most people, and I usually get around 14 for it. I usually get less if I think about it too much lol.

brunette

HSC
can i ask where ppl get practice questions?? i know know how to get past hscs???!!

carlz_07

HSC
overthaedge said:
Hahah, yeah I do that too sometimes, but multiple choice generally takes me half the time it takes most people, and I usually get around 14 for it. I usually get less if I think about it too much lol.
that's like me! I personally don't get why they are hard! must be how my brain works!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)