human rights assignment...GOLLY please help (1 Viewer)

laucam1989

HSC
Hello :wave: this might sound easy but im struggling with it so any help would be greatly appreciated...
i am doing an assignment on human rights...its that one with the speech...i have to choose a domestic human rights issue and an international one and find the effectiveness of the legal & non-legal measures of both issues

then i have to find how domestic law has responded to internationalhuman rights issues...

i just need a little push....just a guide...so if you can help....please do ...

Optophobia

HSC
there is already a plethora of threads on this in here. Just seach because i've seen this EXACT question asked HEAPS of times on this forum.

macca's_ baby

HSC
u could at least be pleasant

Don't freak human rights is easy...

Rwanda and Children always seem to be aeas of concentration,

i would advise u learnt this it popped up in my hsc as an 8 or 10 mark question.

Rights of a child has heaps :)

Dark Phoenix

HSC
when talking about domestic and international issues u should refer to the United Nations and the bodies:

This includes the General Assembly, Economic and social council, Trusteeship Council, Security Council, International Court of Justice and Secretariat. These bodies draw on human rights provisions in the United Nations Charter to help protect human rights. But the main charter based organ is the Commission of Human Rights.

The Commission of Human Rights was established by the Economic and Social Council and has wide powers to deal with any matter relating to human rights. The Commission makes studies, prepares recommendations and drafts international treaties and resolutions relating to human rights. It also investigates human right violations

The High Commissioner for Human Rights was created in 1994 to promote and protect human rights. The High Commissioner has a more active role than the Commission and has established a presence in trouble spots such as Rwanda and more recently East Timor.

Treaty Based Bodies
There are 6 main bodies established by human rights treaties to monitor international compliance with those treaties: These bodies are:
1. Human Rights Committee
2. Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
3. Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
4. Committee Against Torture
5. Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women
6. Committee on the Rights of the Child

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)