huck finn (1 Viewer)

moo_kaz

hey do any of you know any poems, songs, books or films that relate to huck finn or ' the road not taken' by robert frost??

Last edited:

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
Thelma and Louise fits perfectly, as they are both American. T&L travel south down the highway as Huck travels down the Mississippi river, and it is episodic as is twain's novel. All the episodes happen in their stops, as in huck finn they happen on the land. The road and river appear offer a sense of safety and freedom towards the characters... soz thats all i remember we did journeys in term 4 last yr... im in for some serious revision in the hols!!
Yea, even though you do not have to compare related texts it is a good one to use-- and a film!! yay no more reading!!!
I did Lord of the Rings: the fellowship of the ring for the road not taken- it doesn't 'fit' so to speak but as i said there is no comparing to do they were both nice little (or perhaps epic...) physcial journeys. LOTR took aaaages to analyse, but, in light of return of the king coming out after i finished my physical journeys assignment the obsession levels were pretty high...

Last edited:

DragonLord

Suppy Materials

Try listening to a lot of songs that might not sound proper until you think about it... as much as I hate his music **no offense if you like it** Eminem has some good journey lyrics which can be adapted to physical journeys. Also, (like the man said) you can use the Lord of the Rings - which is easy to do as everyone will be using it but might not necessarily be a good thing (COntent - as well as how many students are doing it.)

Some other crazy things are stuff like:
Welcome to the Jungle (The Rock)
The Mummy/Returns (either one)
Pirates of the Carribean (Johnny Depp!)
Finding Nemo

Hmm.. Yeah, some people think that because they are doing a movie (Like Rabbit Proof Fence) They can't do other movies as their suppy texts - don't think that, that is not true.

Cheers!

Gym

I'm using Thelma & Louise (good choice ~V~) and Saving Private Ryan as related texts for Huck Finn.

SPR is good for quite a few of the same reasons as T&L, such as the episodic nature, and the quest for freedom that forms a central part of the film.

Paroissien

HSC
It is good, but I hate blood on the tracks, so I'm doing The Road not Taken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)