http://online.mq.edu.au/ (1 Viewer)

felafel

i'm wondering, does this online training facility let students access ALL the online units?

say . . . i wanted to read up on some unit totally irrelevant to my course, would i be able to access it?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Theres a new one: http://my.mq.edu.au. We get a new email and everything! its now first name. surname@students.mq.edu.au

And.... well... you're not supposed to be able to access other units on webCT. But if you have online lectures you can easily listen to others by changing the number in the site address. But you cant access others courses notes. Go to e-reserve to do that :D

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
No.

If you play with links, you can listen to some of the lectures using the iLecture audio... err.. thing, but that's beyond the scope of BOS :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
^^ he he, I won!

But I still love you! :)

Even though I'm the best and can kick your ass! :D

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
yeh they dont provide linkage to all online units, just the ones you are enrolled in.

http://www.student.mq.edu.au/ find e-reserve under study tools. kind of an online database of lecture notes, tutes, etc. but it is different for all subjects. and they tend to add stuff as the work starts up.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Theres a new one: http://my.mq.edu.au. We get a new email and everything! its now first name. surname@students.mq.edu.au

And.... well... you're not supposed to be able to access other units on webCT. But if you have online lectures you can easily listen to others by changing the number in the site address. But you cant access others courses notes. Go to e-reserve to do that :D
That MyMQ thing is kinda stupid. They ask you to change your password into the most aanal password, so complex that you'll end forgetting it...or writing it down somewhere which is not the best thing with passwords.

YOu need at least 8 characters, min 1 capital letter, min 1 lower case letter, min 1 number and a frickin symbol. Sheesh!

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
GoodToGo said:
YOu need at least 8 characters, min 1 capital letter, min 1 lower case number, min 1 number and a frickin symbol. Sheesh!
lol. macquarie university, australia's innovative university. :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Talking about innovation, I read somewhere that AGMS was considering adoptin a new grading system (which would look awfully similar to the Macquarie one in terms of GPA).

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
GoodToGo said:
That MyMQ thing is kinda stupid. They ask you to change your password into the most aanal password, so complex that you'll end forgetting it...or writing it down somewhere which is not the best thing with passwords.

YOu need at least 8 characters, min 1 capital letter, min 1 lower case letter, min 1 number and a frickin symbol. Sheesh!
I know! So anal, I really don't think people are that interested in hacking into others peoples accounts. It took me forever to think of one I'd remember, and then realised that firefox saves all my passwords for me!

And, it seems that all the contents are different. Mine is v. limited, with only my exam timetable, handbook updates, bookmarks and 'my notes', whereas Skittled has all these extra (albeit useless) extras; eg. weather. It doesnt really make sense: where is the order?!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah mine had weather. And an unread message about a cancelled library hold.

I don't think I'll be using it too much. The screen looks kinda cluttered, but maybe it's because I'm not used to it yet.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i just changed my password, let's see what it's like. they should add the email and webct to it and make it all one.

not bad,all the links are there
but i now have 2 mq email addresses, usernames and passwords to remember for estudent, portal, email, sam, webct

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

:: ryan.cck :: said:
any first yrs able to get in? i cant =P
hmm I can't either.

I can get into eStudent, but not anything else...

eStudent is the one they showed us into on the enrolment day, and it's worked since then... it's also the most useless at this time

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

can someone yell when the portal starts to work? I'm tired of trying:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)