Hsty1044 (1 Viewer)

nick1689

HSC
Would someone be able to outline for me the course content for this unit? The handbook very simplistically covers some elements, but Im looking for some specifics. For eg. does it cover any wars and the political associations with them, any of the World Wars?

Anything will be great! Thanks.

nick1689

HSC
Nah mine's not up either, maybe it doesnt have one? The Middle Ages course last semester didnt have a webct page.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Is the course any good? I was thinking of swapping out of HSTY1034 and into this history. I was planning to attend the 2hr lecture last thursday but couldn't be arsed. :eek:

nick1689

HSC
Its sounding good so far, much better than the bore-fest that HSTY1034 sounded like itll be. Its modern history with a political twist, if you're into that youll enjoy it I guess

Here's some topics from the unit guide:
first world war
stalinism
dictators and democrats
nazi state
the holocaust

Its gonna be awesome (mainly though 'cause ive mainly only studied ancient and not modern history - should be a good change)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
OHMYGOOOOD. i studied all of those in my final years of high school.
Oh lame lame lame. Would absolutely own that course. how much will you be focusing on nazis and the holocaust?
Also, is it possible to see your UOS outline?

nick1689

HSC
There's two lectures on the nazis called nazi state and daily life under nazism, and one lecture on the holocaust

I wont be able to upload the outline, but you can try asking in the unit outline exchange thread

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
YAY! Thanks! Although I doubt I'm going to be doing this course, since it's already week2. :)

ledzeppelin

HSC
I hope you guys don't have Margaret Sampson as lecturer
This was the worst unit I've done at uni so far (pretty much due to her I'd say)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Ohmygod ahaha. I have her for HSTY1034.
She's better than my english lecturer, who just reads her prewritten essay and refuses to use a mic for no apparent reason. :(

ledzeppelin

HSC
flamhorn said:
is margaret that bad? i've got her as my tutor....how are the other tutors like?
I'm sure she's fine as a tutor, I just found her lectures terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)