Hsf (1 Viewer)

MrMiK

Thanks for that jlh.
The reason the Cooler Master Aero 7+ was lower temps may be because of the chip.. i duno.. it still looks like a decent cooler.
You told me zakly wat i wanted to kno (cooler which would keep cpu below 50 deg when at 2.2ghz)
may i ask what or how many system fans you are using..?
ive gota shop around for a QUIET 120mm fan.. im using a monster at the moment, so its usually off, which brings temps to 45ish when at 1.83ghz on idle :S..
i kno its only just past half way towards die temp.. but i dun like it still for stock...

A THOUGHT
whatif i was to geta 60mm to 92mm convertor and get a pretty good 92mm fan .. then shove them both to the stock heatsink.
for $18 you can get a sunnon 92mm fan which pushes 120cfm :eek:
then ill just make a resistor circuit to adjust at my will..
what do yous think about that idea?

Last edited:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh i think the reason why the aero7+ outperforms the aeroflow is because of the room temp, plus the aero7+ is all copper that weighs like 750g and the aeroflow is copper/aluminium which only weighs around 400g.

but i would seriously get the VANTEC AEROFLOW because it lighter and the AERO7+ at full speed is damn noisy! you will hate the noise and beg for a quieter computer, i had a screamer hsf that ran at 7000rpm!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh as for the converter, the stock heatsink isn't all that great, i'd get rid of it straight away because, 1) it ain't all copper and 2) the soldering between the aluminium fins and the copper base isn't all that great.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
actually now that i think abt. it a real 1337 would have a liquid nitrogen based cooling system. :D
Yes, but you wouldn't be running that 24/7 :) Some guys already do that, and only for benchmarking and overclocking, really, you cant have a stable computer that way.

For the 'Mainstream', the best cooling is the vaporchill phase change cooling, although it costs about $1000

MrMiK

okok.. gota ask tho.. does ne1 here hav experience with water cooling?
im currently involved in making a budget water cooling system and i need someone wit experience...
ta

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
just have more, smaller fans
or get fans that have a controller that allows you to vary the speed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)