Hsf (1 Viewer)

MrMiK

I need you's to reccomend a HSF combo for me.
Its for upping my 2500+ to 3200+ stable (maybe 3000+ if it cant take it)
I can get a Zalman CPNS7000A-Cu for round $60, but they r more designed for quiet cooling, not intense cooling.
I want one which will chill, doesnt have to to silent, but cant be above $60.
Any ideas?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
seriously, i once bought a 6500rpm fan, i knew it would be loud but didn't really think it would be that loud...

it is like a bloody hair drier!!!!!

if you got money to blow, get water cooling or refrigerated cooling

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
What about the Volcano series, do a good job, but are FAR from quiet, be warned! :)

-X-

HSC
N/A
As jm1234567890 said, a loud fan is annoying. You may think its better or watever for the first 2 days but your gonna hate it. Especialy if you leave you're computer on while your sleeping. Go for a more quite fan or one that can change speed automotcially or with a switch (i think the volcano 7+ has a switch?).

MrMiK

nar .. firstly.. note i sed "not above $60" so water cooling is out of the question.
tho we are trying to do it with a limited budget on another machine.. and its coming to around $150 for everything

as long as the sound is roughly the same volume as the stock HSF.. i should be right.
ATM i got a 6.8w 120mm sunnon fan on the side and its deafening.. so ill get a "quiet" one of those aswell...

bobbles

I have a volcano 9, (the volcano i think is the same price now and much better due to full copper heatsink) and it cools my 2500+ at 11x200 no problems (on lowest speed too, but i have a few case fans pushing the air through) if you're really worried about the noise, you can use the temperature sensor that will automatically adjust the fan speed if it gets too hot, and on lowest speed its almost inaudible. Last time i checked volcano 11 was about $50 from reuptable places, so you can probly pick one up even cheaper at a swapmeet/computer market

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yep but you can't use it permanently unless you keep buying it.

Soliah

Originally posted by MrMiK
....again. equal to or below $60...
Jeez. 17AUD isn't much more than 60AUD. If you're on that tight a budget you might as well not overclock and just use a stock HSF. That way there isn't a risk of frying your CPU.

MrMiK

Originally posted by Soliah
Jeez. 17AUD isn't much more than 60AUD. If you're on that tight a budget you might as well not overclock and just use a stock HSF. That way there isn't a risk of frying your CPU.
tru. but i wanted a choice that was equal to the price braket i pay for the ZalmanCNPS7000A-Cu (dealer price) thats all...

as for the cooling systems.. we is makn a water cool system at the moment tryn to keep budget down.. its gona b MEAN..
ill post piccies in a night or so... :D

anyone got experience with water cooling?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i say get a VANTEC AEROFLOW. i got one on my xp+2500 @ 2200mhz@ 1.7v

my temps idle around 36 and on full load its around 43 or something. it is super quiet as well, and pretty good for overclocking. its costs $49 at eyo.com.au

or if you want something with an adjustable fan, get the cooler master aero 7+. i fixed one on my brothers xp+2600 @ 2200@1.7v and he's temps are lower than mine at full speed, and its noisier at full speed as well! at 50%, it performs around the same as the AEROFLOW but much quieter. you can get it for $50 at arc.com.au

but if you really want quiet, and won't overclock your chip as much, i'd say get the THERMALTAKE SILENT BOOST. its selling for $38 at arc. it doesn't perform as well as the other two but its damn quiet!

as for the zalman, make sure it supports your motherboard and can fit in your case and has no interferance from your psu!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)