Hsc (1 Viewer)

danok

HSC
what happens when your internals are iffy. And all you have to lift your UAI is your HSC exam?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
well everyone's in the same boat really because all that matters for internals are your ranks.
your internal mark counts for nothing, because you're going to get the person who got the corresponding rank in the exam, as you did in the internals, you'll get their exam mark ie.

Kevin comes first and gets 100 in the exam
John comes last and gets 5 in the exam

if you were to come first overall , thus you would get kevin's 100 + your exam mark = your aligned mark ( the thing that gets printed as your results)

so if you're ranks are good then you're halfway there, if they're shit then ....time to study

p.s. not that i was implying anything about kevin and jonny boy *shifty eyes*
KEVIN 0000000000000000000007!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

morganforrest

HSC
danok said:
what happens when your internals are iffy. And all you have to lift your UAI is your HSC exam?
All you have to lift your UAI is your HSC....yes, hence gtfo and study

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
morganforrest said:
All you have to lift your UAI is your HSC....yes, hence gtfo and study
He's right. Don't worry about all the technical scaling and moderating and aligning and crap that you can't change. Now that school is over, the way to make sure you get your best UAI possible is to do as well as you can in the HSC exams. Forget about all the rest of this stuff.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol dw im in that situation too.
ace your externals and you should do fairly well =D

Harvey321

KALIFORNIA
HSC
does this mean , that if im ranked second in adv english ,with internals of 82, that i must get atleast 98+ to get a band 6?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
um no not exactly, your internals don't mean anything really, but your rank is excellent.
basically you're going to get your exam mark + 2nd highest exam mark = your aligned mark
so if you come first in the exam with 95, someone comes 2nd with 88 then you'll get (95+88)/2 = 91.5 i.e 92

but atm it's all guesswork

danok

HSC
blahh thanks guys. i'm terrible. i have done zero study. english will be done tonight!!! TONIGHT. errr :rofl:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Harvey321 said:
does this mean , that if im ranked second in adv english ,with internals of 82, that i must get atleast 98+ to get a band 6?
Hell no. Depends on how you go in the exam and also how others in your school go.

If the top two marks from your school (in the exam) are 98 and 95 and you get say a 93, you'll end up with a solid 94 (average of the second highest exam mark and your actual mark).

And also remember, raw mark =/= what mark you'll get.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
hmm the way you explain makes it sound like youre doing the final hsc for someone else...considering that you wont obtain your mark but the mar kthat corresponds to your rank? wait so how does that make sense, they say you can rip the external's to boost your overall uai, yet, the high mark you score is given to someone else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)