HSC Vietnamese (1 Viewer)

HSC
(OMGMGGGM .. 19.3 ..

Wow .. now i regret not doing viet ...

Wow.. but you would have to do continuers hey? ..

Though i'm not good with viet, anyways i guess.. i did go to viet school year 1 - year 4 and quit...

nerakp

HSC
I think you just have to do year 11 and then continue onto year 12 as well. I'm currently doing Viet, and I hate it. Well, only after I went to my teacher and he calculated my UAI for Viet and it was really bad. I got an average of 75-80 for viet, and after scaling, it would've been 50-60.

So now I don't try, and I won't do anything in class and now, my new viet teacher thinks I'm ESL equivalent for Viet. It doesn't help when she forces me to sit next to the biggest Fobs imaginable, I swear. I'm going into the HSC with 14 units, and Viet is taking up my precious study time.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
SuGa BunI =D said:
i did viet for my hsc and went very well. my mark was alots higher compare to the fobs.
i think the hardest part was the speaking exam and the interview with the examiner.

im willing to tutor vietnamese, but theres no viet student on bos lols
neway, goodluck nguyentrongnhan :)
ps, why did u used ur full name as ur bos name? thats so fobby:D:D
Can you contact me regarding tutoring for Viet... I need it
Look, choosing viet was one of the top 10 things i most regretted in yr 11 and 12. Its bloody unprofessional, you don't gain as much time and study on it, the teachers aren't qualified, the fob students from ovaseas are generally snobby, and it scales you down!
Most of all, no one last year reached a band 6! Its one of the worst performing subjects ever... why on earth do u choose a subject like this if you have a better chance at reaching band 6 in legals or eco??? I soo wish I chose eco instead.....I have a really bad feeling that all my subjects (which are currently in the 90% range) will be dragged down by this stupid descision I made

Last edited:

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Quynh nhu said:
viet scales up to 19.3
but i cant believe some of you are even considering to bag out the subject viet.?
i mean, i am currently studying Vietnamese Continuers. and i think it is such an awesome subject! well probably because i have such an excellent teacher .. even though 80% of the class are fobs, 15% are typicals and the last 5% are non-typicals/fobs. i belong to the 5% ..
the fobs do really well in the *answer in vietnamese* section, but they all die in the *answer in english* section. so i mean if you know both vietnamese and english well enough, *vietnamese continuers* is literally a joke for you. =]
i encourage anyone who chooses vietnamese continuers as a hsc subject.
and best wishes !!
Where did you get that statistic? Please give me the link, I wat to cheer myself up for making such a big mistake in choosing such a low scaling subject. If it does scale up, please tell me your sources

toeknee

HSC
Its already become quite apparent to me that from reading the comments in this forum Kimmeh is a self-racist, conceited troll who has a superiority complex and looks condescendingly towards her own people, who aren't as adapted to, or familiar with their new environment. I'm sorry new refugees have difficulty speaking English, but does that give you the right to laugh at them? and is there anything wrong with their different demeanour? If you weren't aware there's a lot of different countries out there that aren't westernised and don't have the same culture as we do. Stop being so ethnocentric and conceited. You're not as smart as you think you are. Its people like you that disgrace your country of origin AND by trying to identify yourself as a vietnamese but looking at yourself so proudly and separating this perspective of yourself when referring to other less culturally adapt vietnamese makes you an embarassment to the world, because youre an embarassment to your own people.
Have some respect for others aye? and then perhaps in turn people will have respect for you.

toeknee

HSC
"Hmm you know i did it for Prelim.. i think it was the early start that got me.. plus all the FOBs ... damn did they pour in within the first 3 weeks.. oh and not to mention the typicals ... *shudders*" --> Kimmeh

"yeah.. well the viet ones are like full freaky! theyre horny too... dumb viets " ---> Kimmeh

"...theyre funny and good to laugh at " ---> Kimmeh

"i used 2 do viet in yr 11 but kind of sux at it
i only got 70 in da subject
compare 2 da chic who used 2 get in there 90's" ---> Kevin_88
REPLY TO KEVIN'S STATEMENT
"Maybe if your english improved, your Vietnamese would follow on" ---> Kimmeh

NB: There were 'smiley faces' inserted in each of the statements made by Kimmeh which I didn't include in the quotations for the purposes of practicality on my part, and because it helped to emphasize my point. These may help to suggest that perhaps the comments were 'light-hearted' in nature but the racial implications are still there and the suggestion of Kimmeh's conceited, ethonocentric attitude is heavily supported by her response to Kevin_88, so long as you look at it contextually. AND if you want to contest my statement, then I would also like to note furthermore, that Kimmeh is in an 'authoritative position', as she is a Moderator of the forums. Funny that a moderator of forums is the very one that is spamming them with inapproriate commentary.

kevinle

V13+ 801
HSC
from my knowledge viet continuers is a subject that scale you down not up.
i wouldn't give a damn what people said about my english skill. i just got 89 in the advance catholic trials paper. anyway this is a just forum u don't need 2 write everything in a formal way. short hand is good.

HSC
hahha ..

Oh really scales you down... ohhh...

my friends said, if i coould get into viet continuers it scales heaps.. my freinf was going to do 6 units of languages, but teacher didnt get her .. so yeah

ice ken

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
hahha ..

Oh really scales you down... ohhh...

my friends said, if i coould get into viet continuers it scales heaps.. my freinf was going to do 6 units of languages, but teacher didnt get her .. so yeah
r u viet?

ice ken

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
yeah ..

do i look viett... ? wait .. sound viet?

OMG everyone saids im chinkkiiiii sighs
thought u were kiwi ... newzealand. ahhah thread lives

ice ken

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
huh .. how do you know im a kiwi:) ... well kiwi-viet ^^...

yes this thread lives!!
meaning u live in nz but ure viet rite?

ice ken

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
yeshh ... how about you .. im presuming your viet hey?

:)
yeh im viet :) . and i live in adelaide. are there a lot of viets in nz? groceries n restaurants?

HSC
ice ken said:
yeh im viet :) . and i live in adelaide. are there a lot of viets in nz? groceries n restaurants?

haha well i left when i was 7 so yeahh .. but i got to say syd. has lotts of viet food.. hehe ... but im quite sick of it now. esp. Pho ^^ .. how about adelaide?

you do ESL .. omg how did you get into that? were you born in VN?

cheers..

ice ken

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
haha well i left when i was 7 so yeahh .. but i got to say syd. has lotts of viet food.. hehe ... but im quite sick of it now. esp. Pho ^^ .. how about adelaide?

you do ESL .. omg how did you get into that? were you born in VN?

cheers..
malaysia.
pho is like soo boring rice everyday at least once, maybe except weekends but weekdays everyday. id rather eat the aussie stuff like pizza or kfc or maccas.
esl is a bludge im serious our teacher taught us how to write a "formal" letter and how to structure an essay. every time we do an essay we have to show her a plan..... sux.do u like live near cabramatta?

conman

HSC
Wow just got exam today (interview). freaky teacher continuously asking questions, and i dont know what to reply back. I made up as I went through!!! (The best thing about learning Vietnamese is that u can make up things (ahahha)). I am still thinking drop Viet for year 12 (do 4 unit maths and chemistry; physic ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)