HSC versus Trial (1 Viewer)

schmeichung

HSC
Is it usually people perform better in trial than HSC exam?
Because no more 1/2 mark, no appeal for adding marks, no anticipation of the exam from our school teacher?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
its near impossible to comment on.

some will perform better since they work harder. it depends on too many different elements.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i think its usually that ppl go better in the hsc...cuz the trial you're generally pretty unprepared..so yea

SipSip

HSC
N/A
There are lot of pressure involved with both in my opinion, but there are reasons why each find one easier...

Some think the HSC was actually easier because first, they've studied everything before the trials and HSC are often set easier than trials in most schools..

While others who think HSC is hard because it accounts for 50% of everything plus it's like "THIS IS IT!!!" for most people

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah, you aiming for UNSW commerce?? I'm doing that right now...best of luck and cya then ^.^

santaslayer

HSC
HSC is usually easier is the person studys adequetely for it. The trials generally pose harder questions in times when you are not 100% familiar with the content.
That being said, all my internal assessment marks were higher then my HSC exam marks. :p

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i believe people work harder after the trial hence do better in the HSC then the trial, also, all the tests and assessments you do before the trial pale in comparison to the trial, so its kind of a shock, but it prepares you for the HSC.

and another thing, you have way more time to study for the HSC, the trials seem to sneak up on you :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think that the HSC is easier than ur trials cause peoples trials are all at different times, like last yr mine were in term 2, which is way earlier than other schools ... but ppl have much more time to prepare for the HSC and the exams are more evenly spread out.

jky.

HSC
well..
say if u stuff up ur trials up REALLY BAD!
likee.. 40-60% for every subject..
and ur skool is realli shit..

is there still time to make it up in the hsc?
is it still possible to get a 70+ uai? =[

bubble_tea

yes! u get 2 months to study for your HSC and its spread along 1 month and a bit rather than crammed into 2 weeks which u only had 1 week (after assessments) to study for

santaslayer

HSC
jky. said:
well..
say if u stuff up ur trials up REALLY BAD!
likee.. 40-60% for every subject..
and ur skool is realli shit..

is there still time to make it up in the hsc?
is it still possible to get a 70+ uai? =[
Yes, provided that your ranks are relative..

mishka

HSC
N/A
i'm hoping last year's comments of "the trials are harder than the HSC" are true, especially in the case of 3u maths... my other subs were ok, but I agree, don't people use the trials to work on things they're weaker at and therefore may find HSC easier??? or is that wishful thinking??? ;)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
*sigh*

I fucked up my 3 u trial pretty good. Probably shouldn't have gone up.

If I don't get more that 88% in my trial I think I'll repeat.

mishka

HSC
N/A
nah, i reckon i did WORSE than that.... may not have even passed :( *sniff*
but i guess one test won't change the rest of my life forever....

= Jennifer =

HSC
the only reason i think that they say trials are harder than the hsc is because you are more prepared for the hsc and a couple of weeks before trials you are still doing assessments. Also by the time the hsc comes around you have learned heaps from your mistakes.

zChAo5

does anyone think it's unfair to spring the trials on us? I mean seriously one week preparation when your trying to catch up on lost sleep from due assessments. I figure that 75 in trials with 1-2 hours preparation = 85+ in Hsc with 2 months preparation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)