HSC/ UAI related Questions..!! (1 Viewer)

Frantelle_08

HSC
UAI related questions:

My subjects for Preliminary this year are:
- Maths (3 unit)
- English (3 unit)
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Music 1
- Business Studies

I am planning on dropping a couple of units.

Q) If I was to drop Maths Ext.1 for HSC year;; could I be able to achieve the same UAI score compared to not dropping Maths Ext.1??

and that goes for English Ext.1..

Q) If I did 12 units and did really bad in English Ext.1 would that score be added in to the UAI because it's English or does that only apply to English 2 unit??

Q) Where can you check for UAI cut-offs for Universities undertaking a specific Uni. course..??

Q) How does the scaling work??

Q) How is your UAI scored?? and what is ranking?

Answering these questions would be really really helpful!!

P.S: Which subject is it worth not doing.. out of all the ones I'm doing for Preliminary. =]...

Greatly Appreciated.!!

K

khorne

Q) If I was to drop Maths Ext.1 for HSC year;; could I be able to achieve the same UAI score compared to not dropping Maths Ext.1??

Q) If I did 12 units and did really bad in English Ext.1 would that score be added in to the UAI because it's English or does that only apply to English 2 unit??

Q) Where can you check for UAI cut-offs for Universities undertaking a specific Uni. course..??

Q) How does the scaling work??

Q) How is your UAI scored?? and what is ranking?
1) Yes, you can achieve any UAI with (nearly) any selection of courses, as long as you do well in them.

2) No, only your best 2 Units of English are used, so the Ext 1 unit (if it was your worst) would not be counted.

3) Contact your careers adviser, or go to their website.

As for 4 and 5, you'd best let one of the other members explain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)