• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Traditional Artists (2008) (1 Viewer)

JVT

HSC
I've read through a few of the threads here, and i'm interested to know who the traditional artists are this year for 2008. <---mouthwful.

Anyway, post your devart account if you want.

I'm just starting this year and if anyone wants to tell me what i can expect, workwise and secifics wise i would be interested.

Most of the art ive seen at artexpress over the years has lacked a strong sense of traditional skills.

So, are there any other traditional artists out there bored enough to have decided to make an account here too?

Post some of your stuff if you want ^_^

www.joker-vincent-taylor.deviantart.com

theres also an alternative in my signature

Indie-DiscoZ

HSC
Can you define a traditonal artist though? Back in the dark ages, people moved away from the Greek and Roman influence, and were told they weren't traditional. Then the Renaissance painters were criticized for there use of nudes. Every art movement derives itself from another, so traditonal painting can be interpreted as many different things. But thats just my opinion. People can't really paint or do art traditonally in a sense, as everyone adapts there technique to suit themselves, so traditional isn't really a good word. The classically perceived style, yeah but traditonal no!

bassistx

HSC
Indie's got a point.
What do you consider traditional or classic? I think you mean painting? Didn't that happen before charcoal? Or was it the other way around?

Either way, I'm interested in the digital stuff (Photoshop), installation art, and pop-art. Too much fun :)

<3 Jeff Koons

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Hey vincent, I think I might get what you mean about traditional skills and it's one of the things I wrote about in my diary back when I did the HSC... There is good, quality digital art that takes as much work imo as more 'traditional' forms, however those artists apply an understanding of colour/tone/depth etc to their work that a lot of kids probably don't bother with.

Back when I was doing the HSC I did more photoshop stuff and hung out on deviantart: http://empyrean3.deviantart.com but these days I pretty much only make art for myself and it's usually a blend of photoshop with linework not much unlike your own.

Indie-DiscoZ

HSC
I love Keith Haring. BTW charcoal came befoer painting, as charcoal was used in prehistoric aint so it was kinda a combination

HSC
I'm guessing by traditional artist you mean painting and manual artmaking? rather than using photography or computer generated mediums?
if thats the case then *raises hand*

contemporary art pisses me off. i hate absract art too. my major work is stictly oil painting. i have a deviant profile--it is http://www.jilly-n.deviantart.com/ . go bananas. some of the pictures i have on there are pretty crap and i have loads more i need to post but yeah. hasnt been updated for a while.

send me some love if you go on there.

the-new-world

HSC
OP means traditional in the sense of manual art, eg painting, illustration and sculpture rather than digital art and photography
i am a traditional artist my DA is http://the-new-world.deviantart.com/
i'm doing acrylics, spray and some illustration in my major

Shoubadoo

HSC
JVT said:
I've read through a few of the threads here, and i'm interested to know who the traditional artists are this year for 2008. <---mouthwful.

Anyway, post your devart account if you want.

I'm just starting this year and if anyone wants to tell me what i can expect, workwise and secifics wise i would be interested.

Most of the art ive seen at artexpress over the years has lacked a strong sense of traditional skills.

So, are there any other traditional artists out there bored enough to have decided to make an account here too?

Post some of your stuff if you want ^_^

www.joker-vincent-taylor.deviantart.com

theres also an alternative in my signature
Your artwork is asoundingly beautiful.

When did you begin this sort of work?

JVT

HSC
Thankyou and yes i do mean by manual application since that is what is considered the "traditional" form of how art has been made until the last 10 years.

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
mmmmmmmmmm jvt, SERIOUSLY love your work! great job keep it up buddie!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)