Hsc Test On Thursday (1 Viewer)

bacon123

HSC
N/A
hey
im just wondering what equipment we need to take into our exam like we take calculators but do we need to take any other equipment like protractors or any thing?

PC

HSC
N/A
TAKE A PROTRACTOR AND A RULER!

(Yes I'm shouting, but not in aggressive way.)

bacon123

HSC
N/A
what is everything? my maths teacher wasnt very clear on what to take but just a ruler and caculator

*Baby-K*

HSC
bacon123 said:
what is everything? my maths teacher wasnt very clear on what to take but just a ruler and caculator
Ok here's a list:

• Blue/Black pens to write with
  • Pencil- to do diagrams
  • Graphics calculator and (optional) your normal calculator
  • Ruler/triangle
  • Protractor
  • Highlighter ( I use it in questions about loan monthly repayments to highlight the one they are asking about)
  • Optional: 2 pens in different colour (ie. green/ orange) - I sometimes use these when they ask to draw 2 different lines in a graph to highlight which one is which. Probably not going to do it in the HSC though because ALL DIAGRAMS SHOULD BE IN PENCIL

xJennax

HSC
Woah I've never used a protractor in class before...I don't even know if I have one lol. Better start looking. Thanks for that list though.

nayxx

HSC
lucyclairesmith said:
Oh God I Don't Have A Protractor!!!!

well you've got one and a half days to buy one! they are really cheap. they refuse to give them out in the exam so dont forget one!

urailes0623

HSC
General Mathematics
  • A calculator <sup>2</sup>
  • A pair of compasses
  • A protractor
  • Set squares
  • A curve-drawing template <sup>3</sup> (optional)

Mathematics

Mathematics Extension 1

Mathematics Extension 2
  • A Board-approved calculator <sup>1</sup>
  • A pair of compasses
  • Set squares
  • A protractor
  • A curve-drawing template<sup> 3</sup> (optional)
  1. A Board-approved calculator is one that appears on the Board's 2008 HSC list of approved scientific calculators.
  2. In the General Mathematics HSC examination students are permitted to use calculators, including graphics calculators, that are silent, hand-held, and either battery or solar powered. Calculators that are capable of communicating or exchanging data may be taken into the examination room, but are not to be used for this purpose in the examination. A calculating device that incorporates a set of keys whose primary function is to represent the alphabetic characters (eg a QWERTY keyboard) is not deemed to be a calculator for the purpose of the examination/test, and will not be allowed. Calculators to be used by students in the examination/test must have been switched off and have had all storage facilities cleared for entry into the examination room. See the Calculators for use in the General Mathematics HSC Examination and SC Tests page for information on clearance of storage facilities.
  3. Students may take into any mathematics examination a curve-drawing template, provided such templates contain no printed formulae other than equations of simple curves (such as y=x<sup>2</sup>) that may be drawn using the template.

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
what does it mean by a pair of compasses? is it like a 'pair of glasses' pair or are there two types?

Fredwreck888

HSC
Yeah how much does that suck... no calc :(... it was so hard learning all the annnuities manually.. ah well.. hopefully the bring them back sometime to make it easier for the future kiddies.. i should be right though.. i'll bring some spare fingers to count with...

*Baby-K*

HSC
Fredwreck888 said:
Yeah how much does that suck... no calc :(... it was so hard learning all the annnuities manually.. ah well.. hopefully the bring them back sometime to make it easier for the future kiddies.. i should be right though.. i'll bring some spare fingers to count with...
stop trolling

Calculators are allowed

urailes0623

HSC
Fredwreck888 said:
They are allowed its just the graphical ones that are not alllowed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)