HSC @ Tafe affecting marks (1 Viewer)

Lennie

I am currently studying the HSC @ TAFE (Maths 2u, Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1 & 2, Bio + Modern History) (I am also completeing the yr 11/12 combined course (1 year) and have heard many mixed responses about whether or not studying @ Tafe will ultimately affect my HSC mark or UAI.
Is this the case? if so, how dramatically?

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
Is this the case?
No, the fact that you're at tafe will not affect your marks at all.

However, doing what is essentially 20 units in one year might.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
No it will not, I am in the same program as you and have researched this quite thouroughly. You cannot be scaled down or have your marks capped for attending TAFE, the only thing that may hinder you is a heavy workload which is up to you. I have also made a guide in the tafe forum answering this question as well as others.
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=65347

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Some Univeristies actually prefer students who do the HSC at Tafe because its a lead in to Uni life and its a lot harder to do.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Gavrillo said:
Some Univeristies actually prefer students who do the HSC at Tafe because its a lead in to Uni life and its a lot harder to do.
If I may ask, where did you obtain this information? For if there is a University that gives entry preference to Tafe HSC students, I would greatly like to know of it. Or did you simply mean that lecturers preferred to teach students who had undergone this experience?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)