HSC Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

Paaandora

HSC
I'm a bit stuck on subject selection, could anyone please help me out.
These are the subjects im 10000% doing (cause I'm the most sweaty Asian you'll ever see)
- Ext 1 maths
- Adv Eng
- Physics
- Chem
Which means I need 2 more subjects, so I was thinking of these: (order of what im most likely gonna do)
- Economics
- Pdhpe
- Society and Culture
- Investigative Science
- Modern History
- Visual Arts
- Drama
- Chinese
Could anyone give me some suggestions (preferably people who do these subjects) on what i should choose, preferably one that's easy with little workload cause im gonna drop it and pick up 4U in year 12. Thanks

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
can't say too much about the other subjects but definitely not economics or modern history, those are really content heavy and require some (a lot) memorisation. as someone who does modern history, in year 11 the people who didn't put their full effort into the subject struggled a lot and went from 'oh this is just my funny bludge subject idc about history that much' to hating it a lot because the demand for effort in the subject was way more than what they expected

i'd say pdhpe as i know some people from my grade doing the same combo (4u maths/phys/chem/eng) and they took pdhpe as a quick, easy to do bludge with not much effort and then ended up dropping it

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Just pick the top 2 in your order, you’re going to drop it after a year anyways (?), you may end up keeping it if you like it that nuch

nsw..wollongong

HSC
sac requires a lot of writing (assignment style), kinda like history. but its a bit more chill than subjects like econ and pdhpe (which ties in elements of bio and health)

indeed

HSC
After trying the subjects next yr you may change your mind as the year progresses on what you'll keep or drop (happened to me with 4u which i ended up dropping), so I recommend picking a subject you wouldn't mind keeping for yr 12 ;
that said, out of the extra subject list i only do economics, it's quite heavy workload but enjoyable (though your workload is already really much, so prob wouldnt recommend it)

Paaandora

HSC
After trying the subjects next yr you may change your mind as the year progresses on what you'll keep or drop (happened to me with 4u which i ended up dropping), so I recommend picking a subject you wouldn't mind keeping for yr 12 ;
that said, out of the extra subject list i only do economics, it's quite heavy workload but enjoyable (though your workload is already really much, so prob wouldnt recommend it)
can't say too much about the other subjects but definitely not economics or modern history, those are really content heavy and require some (a lot) memorisation. as someone who does modern history, in year 11 the people who didn't put their full effort into the subject struggled a lot and went from 'oh this is just my funny bludge subject idc about history that much' to hating it a lot because the demand for effort in the subject was way more than what they expected

i'd say pdhpe as i know some people from my grade doing the same combo (4u maths/phys/chem/eng) and they took pdhpe as a quick, easy to do bludge with not much effort and then ended up dropping it
if you're 100% going to drop it and don't want much of a workload i would take pdh or maybe chinese? the only point of picking econ would be if you were planning to maybe keep it as a backup
Thanks Guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)