HSC
has anyone been to any of these?

are they good?

thanks!

:)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hsc study camps? i never heard of them. but if i went on a camp with my mates, it wouldnt b study... it'll turn into a social gathering.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hehe thats why I can't study at anytime with my friends we have too much fun (and its not doing work!!)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I didn't go, but I considered it...didn't get my shit together fast enough though.
But yeah-they are supposed to be very helpful, I don't know anyone who has regretted going to one, however some of them are quite expensive. If you don't want to pay a fortune, some Churches run them very cheaply. (you don't have to be a Christian to go though...but you'd have to be respectful and sorta "go along with it" if you know what I mean...)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
yeah i'll prob be going to my church one in october...

there are other "non-church" ones though - and i don't think they're that expensive, considering that it's not like a usual camp where u pay for activities and stuff (although u pay to have teachers there a lot of the time, for help!)

for me i think it will just kinda "force" me to study... whereas if i was at home i'd be more tempted to go out or something

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I haven't heard of any... does anyone have any info on some?

What do they do, lock you in a room with your books???

Can someone explain?

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I haven't heard of any... does anyone have any info on some?

What do they do, lock you in a room with your books???

Can someone explain?
from http://www.crusaders.edu.au/holiday/camp?id=d05c9f2bf6b8cdc213fac1c90412acb2
X 6 hours of fully supervised study each day (plus extra early sessions, for the ultra keen) X Individual assistance - one professional tutor or leader to every five students X Optional seminars on a variety of subjects X A three hour practice examination X Talks and discussions each day on God and His relevance in our modern lives X Plenty of chill time & great activities during the day like swimming, touch footy, soccer, table tennis, basketball & volleyball. Night activities may include camp fires, movie nights, formal dinners & dance parties Subjects we aim to cover include: >Maths >English >Sciences >Geography >History (Modern & Ancient) >Business Studies >Legal Studies >Religion >Various languages >A broad range of other subjects

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Does anyone have any information about secular (non-religious) camps that are similar to these? Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)