hsc science (1 Viewer)

joshhopp

HSC
I do chem and phys, and I'm getting the feeling that HSC science isn't really traditional science, but more that its a superficial appreciation of science. this is especially true in physics, where like 90% of the marks you get by studying theory and recounting the background of a concept, eg. de broglie's postulates. we don't even scratch the surface of actual quantum mechanics, we jsut learn who did what. i think it sortof sucks. does anyone agree?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
joshhopp said:
I do chem and phys, and I'm getting the feeling that HSC science isn't really traditional science, but more that its a superficial appreciation of science. this is especially true in physics, where like 90% of the marks you get by studying theory and recounting the background of a concept, eg. de broglie's postulates. we don't even scratch the surface of actual quantum mechanics, we jsut learn who did what. i think it sortof sucks. does anyone agree?
HSC Physics= Historical and Social Contributions of Physics

Matthaeus

HSC science is completely shit, sorry i just realli hated it. Its not science at all, when u get into uni then u get into real science when they realli care about your understand of how things work and what realli happens instead of social implications and history crap.

Like i understand its important to understand social and history crap, but come on i didnt do science to put so much emphasis on crap that isnt really science, if i did i would do history and social science.

So for all u guys who like real science do a sci degree in uni, it doesnt have 6 mark questions asking for the social implications of electricity or recalling some stupid conversation between heisenberg and bohr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)