HSC Notes/Resources/Links (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hey everyone, I just thought I'd post this link in the hope it might help some of you along your HSC 'Journey'. It contains every available Standards Package from 01 - 04, an Online Multiple Choice subsite for 29 HSC subjects and some other stuff. Enjoy:)
http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/hsc/

desipryde

HSC
Macquarie has online study guides for a number of their subjects. You need a password to access them though.

Link to study guides:
http://www.macmillan.com.au/secondary/site/articles/E91710603C2F7546CA256F9600041E43?open&template=dom SecondaryFeature&label=Macquarie+Revision+Guides

HSC Passwords
Ancient History: Cleopatra
Biology: Mitosis
Business Studies: Money
Chemistry: Solution
Economics: Dollar
IPT: Cursor
Legal Studies: scales
Modern History: timeline
PDHPE: Ticker
Physics: Gravity
Studies of Religon: Knock

Last edited by a moderator:

bassistx

HSC
Important: HSC Strategies & Free Summer School Notes: Guide to HSC success

(Sticky please?)

What'd I tell you? I told you I'd get it done last night! :) It took hours to do this. I really hope everybody watches the DVD because it's got the best tips ever.

So anyway.
There are 2 RAR archives (the torrent idea didn't work). Also, the DVD isn't really a DVD. It's .wmv format, which won't work on your DVD player. I tried to convert it numerous times, but failed each time. So if you want to watch it on your TV, you'll have to convert it. Also, the Mental Blank archive comes with notes I took during the seminar. This is in a .doc (not .docx) format, so everybody should be able to access it regardless if you are using the new or old MS Office Suite.
That being said, I apologise to MAC users. You'll have to run virtual Windows or convert the files. I'm sorry, the last time I used a MAC was at least 5 years ago before we sold the laptop.

Included in the TSFX archive is scans from a booklet we got back in November last year. It's called "Mastering the HSC". Very good tips.
Also, "Essay Writing Skills" from this year's Summer School. There are black blobs on page 13 in the corner, sorry about those. I had to scribble out a number and I was using Lexmark Photo Editor (which I have absolutely no idea how to work). If anybody knows how to change the colour of the brush, let me know! I can't figure it out. But yeah, so sorry about that. You can change the colour in Photoshop if it really bothers you.

Speaking of colours, there is some highlighting on some pages. I apologise for that if you are going to print black&white. I hope it still comes out okay.

Finally, my handwritting was absolutely appalling. I've never written so bad in my life. But generally, everything you need to know is already there. Oh, and also, I'm sorry that some of the pages are misaligned. I tried to to get them straight, and as much of a perfectionist as I am, I had to let them go. It was impossible to get some of them straight.

To compromise between size and resolution, I scanned the pages at 150DPI maximum files, rather than 300DPI medium files. It should be fine, but remember, it is intended for printing.

The MB archive is about 11MB and the TSFX archive is about 50MB.

MENTAL BLANK 07
TSFX 07-08

I have 5GB bandwidth per month on that site... So if it's all used up, you'll have to wait 28 days until it resets and then download. I don't know the maximum number of people who can download, but I'm guessing after 10 there might be a queue. Sorry.

I won't be scanning English Standard and Business Studies Summer School content. I'm sorry, but there is just too much.

Any problems, let me know.
Enjoy guys! :)

Good luck '08s!

EDIT: Running the DVD
There have been some issues running the .wmv file (DVD).
Windows Media Player requires a codec. There are literally hundreds and thousands of codec packages available. I installed about 5 (with around 1000+ each) and none of them worked.
However, VLC Media Player has all of the required codecs already built-in. You can get it for free download.

Last edited:

me121

Premium Member
HSC
HSC Resources (work in progress)

HSC Resources by Andrew Harvey: http://andrew.harvey4.googlepages.com/.

Another great site is http://www.lmpc.edu.au/. However much of that content is only accessible inside the DET network, which means that it is only directly available to students of public schools. You also need a DET login, but i think you need that to access the site inside the DET network anyway. EDIT: I believe that these are freely downloadable to pdf format for DET school students and I think that anyone else can purchase the hardcopy, I think.

Last edited:

bassistx

HSC
Re: HSC Resources (work in progress)

Bookmark this page.
For help on writing everything... Reports, Narratives, Essays, etc. Fantastic resource.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
回覆: HSC Notes/Resources/Links

kami said:
Hey everyone, I just thought I'd post this link in the hope it might help some of you along your HSC 'Journey'. It contains every available Standards Package from 01 - 04, an Online Multiple Choice subsite for 29 HSC subjects and some other stuff. Enjoy:)
http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/hsc/
There 's only like 2001-2002 there . are there any more updated ones like 2007?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Re: 回覆: HSC Notes/Resources/Links

HKHSCstudent said:
There 's only like 2001-2002 there . are there any more updated ones like 2007?
No.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
hey guys...i was going to open a thread similar to this one...untill i found this one of course...im also looking for links to sites that have resources for HSC subjects (particularly those of science (phys, chem, bio)).

Umm the sites i have are ( and everyone will most likely already know these but i dont care lol)

1. hsc online (http://hsc.csu.edu.au/)
2. Bored Of Studies (ughh ur on it right now >.>)
3. JamesyScience (http://www.geocities.com/jamesyscience/).

thanks guys if you have any. :D:D

meagan354

HSC
just letting you guys know that there are some pretty good textbooks on ebay, if you dont mind the whole internet shopping thing .. like they come preeetttyy damn cheap, i got a chemistry textbook for $10 (including postage), which is saving me around $20 ... which i was quite happy with =) so go check out ebay if you're interested!

me121

Premium Member
HSC
meagan354 said:
just letting you guys know that there are some pretty good textbooks on ebay, if you dont mind the whole internet shopping thing .. like they come preeetttyy damn cheap, i got a chemistry textbook for $10 (including postage), which is saving me around $20 ... which i was quite happy with =) so go check out ebay if you're interested!
If you are going over to eBay make sure you [thread=137655]read this thread first.[/thread]

laser boy

HSC
where do i find the resources and studying help that were stickies to this website? ... i cant find them anymore :mad:

LibrarianLouise

HSC
N/A
Last Minute HELP is at hand if you can get to the libraries on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. Manly, Warringah and Pittwater Libraries are hosting a series of FREE talks between now and the HSC, they are on English, Biology, Business Studies, 2 unit maths and Modern history - see this website for details www.insidebreak.org.au
LibrarianLouise

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
desipryde said:
Macquarie has online study guides for a number of their subjects. You need a password to access them though.
do you have the one for general maths?
it would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)