hsc nerves (1 Viewer)

geek_girl

HSC
So..now that 's just over a week till the HSC, I am feeling nerves and anxiety like never before. Like not just the run of the mill nerves, jitters that make my stomach churn type of nerves. Plus this, I feel a little ashamed as no one else in y12(either in my school or neither here on BoS) seem to feel half as anxious as I do. What can I do to calm myself down? Im really afraid that this might carry onto my exams and cause me to go blank. Am I blowing this out of proportion/how do I stop feeling like this?

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Plus this, I feel a little ashamed as no one else in y12(either in my school or neither here on BoS) seem to feel half as anxious as I do.
no im literally feeling the same way i couldn't sleep too well last night

im not even that underprepared (only for mod c english a bit) like im rlly solid with my other subjects i feel like

idk i think its related to like ur own expectations and goals and the possibility that they wont be met

breadcrumbs

HSC
how i deal with exam stress usually is that i set a certain time at night everyday where i completely stop thinking about studying at all and do something thatll take my mind off of it (for me its usually gaming with friends or watching netflix) and during this time ill remind myself that i deserve it at the end of the day bc i studied hard (however its important to not gaslight urself and abuse this to the point where u are wasting time)

when u walk into ur exam u could try to keep a mindset of 'this is simply a chance for me to show off the hard work ive put in for the past weeks'; someone gave me this advice and honestly its stuck with me since trials and helped with my anxiousness a lot

aulinia

HSC
I deal with really bad anxiety and I can relate to feeling nervous for HSC, my stress during trials got to the point where I was literally having panic attacks before exams and I had to literally breathe manually bc I was so stressed i forgot how to breathe 😭 @breadcrumbs is so right - another thing that has helped me IMMENSELY is taking a step back and recognising all of my efforts and how much I’ve achieved so far: you’ve worked SO hard these past 2 years and it will pay off. I also like to do affirmations and meditation before bed and every morning. It helps so much when you have a calm mind, even if thats only temporary. Good luck with your exams, everything will go fine!!

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
no im literally feeling the same way i couldn't sleep too well last night

im not even that underprepared (only for mod c english a bit) like im rlly solid with my other subjects i feel like

idk i think its related to like ur own expectations and goals and the possibility that they wont be met
I deal with really bad anxiety and I can relate to feeling nervous for HSC, my stress during trials got to the point where I was literally having panic attacks before exams and I had to literally breathe manually bc I was so stressed i forgot how to breathe 😭 @breadcrumbs is so right - another thing that has helped me IMMENSELY is taking a step back and recognising all of my efforts and how much I’ve achieved so far: you’ve worked SO hard these past 2 years and it will pay off. I also like to do affirmations and meditation before bed and every morning. It helps so much when you have a calm mind, even if thats only temporary. Good luck with your exams, everything will go fine!!
So..now that 's just over a week till the HSC, I am feeling nerves and anxiety like never before. Like not just the run of the mill nerves, jitters that make my stomach churn type of nerves. Plus this, I feel a little ashamed as no one else in y12(either in my school or neither here on BoS) seem to feel half as anxious as I do. What can I do to calm myself down? Im really afraid that this might carry onto my exams and cause me to go blank. Am I blowing this out of proportion/how do I stop feeling like this?
MEDITATE GUYS PLEASEKUHSQJHLKJE@QBFKJUB@E JV 😭 😭 😭 trust me it will do wonders.

aulinia

HSC
could u expand on this
i want to do this before sleeping so i can get a good nights rest before exams
Sure! For affirmations, anything that alleviates your worries will work - you can write your own by writing down your worries and then writing an affirmation that’s the opposite: I’ll give an example:

“I am scared I won’t be prepared enough” -> “I am well-prepared for this exam, and I trust in my abilities.”

Then just repeat them until you’re calm. For meditation, I like to do guided meditations on YouTube because they help when my mind wanders, my favourite channels are Declutter the Mind and Great Meditation. Start with 10 or 15 minute ones, you don’t have to be perfectly concentrated the first time. Also look into box breathing. I really hoped all this helped you!! Good luck :)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
bro just chill ur taking it too deep like its just a paper and 2 years is nothing thats like the amount of time ppl divorce each other here, its just any other exam, just rock up and drop a W and stop thinking abt it so deeply like some ppl do and they be like "I'VE WORKED MY WHOLE 2 YEARS" "I SACRIFICED MY YU-GI-OH COLLECTION, MY NON EXISTENT SEX LIFE, MY DAD, MY GOLDFISH" etc. bc promise it feels so stupid after the hsc and no one really gives a shit later. This is why you shouldn't go on forums now because you'll be in a group of anxious people who just spread their fear on everyone when in reality its not that deep.

You'll be fine, you probably are way more than set for your goal since you regularly study and you've been in a study oriented environment. if you keep on thinking about "could I fail" "what if I fail" you'll just create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Its like if you're driving and the only thing you think about is not hitting a ditch.. TF? like focus on the road too.

Think about "What can I do" "How can I do" "What should I do". You're not bad with anxiety, you're just choosing to think the wrong thinks. You've done all you can now, don't be stupid and lose everything because you end up over-panicking in the exam the first time you see a hard q and get overwhelmed. Just take it easy and go into the HSC like any other exam.

Its normal to feel nerves and its always a great thing to but it should never overwhelm you. If you feel no nerves then that's just as bad because you don't feel that pressure/stress to do your best. Be happy you feel anxious etc. and use it to motivate you to do your best.

aulinia

HSC
bro just chill ur taking it too deep like its just a paper and 2 years is nothing thats like the amount of time ppl divorce each other here, its just any other exam, just rock up and drop a W and stop thinking abt it so deeply like some ppl do and they be like "I'VE WORKED MY WHOLE 2 YEARS" "I SACRIFICED MY YU-GI-OH COLLECTION, MY NON EXISTENT SEX LIFE, MY DAD, MY GOLDFISH" etc. bc promise it feels so stupid after the hsc and no one really gives a shit later.

You'll be fine, you probably are way more than set for your goal since you regularly study and you've been in a study oriented environment. if you keep on thinking about "could I fail" "what if I fail" you'll just create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Its like if you're driving and the only thing you think about is not hitting a ditch.. TF? like focus on the road too.

Think about "What can I do" "How can I do" "What should I do". You're not bad with anxiety, you're just choosing to think the wrong thinks. You've done all you can now, don't be stupid and lose everything because you end up over-panicking in the exam the first time you see a hard q and get overwhelmed. Just take it easy and go into the HSC like any other exam.
Yeah i know thats why i was giving advice on how to avoid that… wtf do u think i should do instead? Just tell my anxiety to stop? ☠ u cant control that dude, and yeah i agree that hsc is just another exam but what difference does that actually make to people who still feel stressed regardless? Like bro i promise u a million people have told them that already, just calm down lol

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Yeah i know thats why i was giving advice on how to avoid that… wtf do u think i should do instead? Just tell my anxiety to stop? ☠ u cant control that dude, and yeah i agree that hsc is just another exam but what difference does that actually make to people who still feel stressed regardless? Like bro i promise u a million people have told them that already, just calm down lol
Just go study, there's no other way. Force yourself not to think about it and get into a recursive loop where you just think about it => more anxiety. Go do a paper rn after reading this message or play some games promise ull do that and get your mind off this. I've had a guy who crashed like u in the HSC and it felt so bad (can't imagine how it felt for him) BECAUSE HE DESERVED WAYYY MORE but due to his "anxious" nature he didnt do as good. EVEN I felt overwhelmed at times but I just took a breather and thought pragmatically and just moved on.

You'll do great, its completely normal to feel anxious now, just focus on yourself and prepare for the HSC. Don't go asking other ppl how ready they are, how they feel etc. They don't matter rn, just do ur best.

SASH_06_X

HSC
ur honestly rlly selfish for thinking you are the only one feeling nervous

SASH_06_X

HSC
i mean cmon surely it is a privilege we r all entitled to after working ourselves off these past two years.

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
yep its reallly hard to focus for me as well.. im stressing the hell out about my ATAR. barely get any sleep and still dont get that much study cuz half the time im stressing to the point where my hairs have started to fall out. Im not even kidding, i can literally see a bit of a bald patch forming on the side (hopefully it grows lol)

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
but hey the best thing i can do is to study:)

SASH_06_X

HSC
yep its reallly hard to focus for me as well.. im stressing the hell out about my ATAR. barely get any sleep and still dont get that much study cuz half the time im stressing to the point where my hairs have started to fall out. Im not even kidding, i can literally see a bit of a bald patch forming on the side (hopefully it grows lol)
bro same xd my hair s' like half of what it was at the beginning of this year - first thing to do post hsc is to see pay my dermatologist a visit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)