HSC Mathematics tutoring in hurstville area, or state library 3u mark 98, 4u mark 96 (1 Viewer)

kooliskool

HSC
Hello guys, my name is James Wang and I graduated from Fort Street High School in 2007. Currently I am doing majoring in actuarial studies in UNSW, and I am offering a tutoring service to students in year 11 and year 12 for Mathematics all the way up to 4 unit (extension 2).

Qualifications:

High Distinction (87) for MATH1251, Mathematics for Actuarial Studies B
Distinction (83) for MATH1151 for Mathematics for Actuarial Studies A
Weighted Average Mark of 75 (Distinction Average) for Bachelor of Commerce/Economics, majoring in Actuarial Studies, Finance and Econometrics
98/100 for Mathematics Extension 1
96/100 for Mathematics Extension 2

Materials:
  • Typed up Quizes for each week
  • Typed up revision exercises of HSC style questions for each topic
  • Typed up Trial papers from selective schools and private schools
  • HSC papers and solutions from 1988 to 2008 (30 years)
Textbooks:
I have my own materials that cover every concept thoroughly from the syllabus and I will choose exercise from your textbook so that it is convenient for you to do each week, but I prefer my students have cambridge or fitzpatrick textbook because they have very good exercises.

Experience:
I have been tutoring for two years now, so I have a lot of experience (in a lot of years and in a lot of different levels too, I have tutored 2U, 3U as well as 4U) and my students liked my way of explanations and have seen a large improvement in their marks. More than 90% of my current HSC students are ranked top 5 in their HSC year in their schools. I have typed up exercises, trial papers and hsc papers ready to send each week for practice, and I give quizes each week to see how well you are learning the concepts.

Contact Details:
email: james_wang106@hotmail.com
mobile: 0404980131

Place and rates will be discussed when you contact me (preferably close to Hurstville), I would love to give you guys 95+ or at least 90+ for maths in your hsc results, group tutoring will be given discount.

I can also travel to your house to tutor you, since I have my own car, but there will be a travel expense (10 dollars per half an hour trip).

Last edited:

Maky

HSC
I recommend James, awesome mathematics teacher :). Friendly, nice and of course, very helpful in explaining and clarifying concepts or questions XD XD

kooliskool

HSC
well, first important thing is do you understand the concepts fully? then, it's to tackle questions without thinking it's from a certain topic, you have to perceive a question as a question from all possible topics you have learnt, because questions usually compound together a lot of topics and if you just think it's from this chapter and try to do it, you will fail.

And often, HSC style questions lead you through, like the first sub-question often provide hints for the next one, and you need to look for these hints.

Hope this helps, and good luck

conics2008

HSC
hey kooliskool

u said you got 3unit 98 and 4u 96

can u please explain what was your raw mark.. like what did u get in the actual paper.

also is that %.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
conics2008 said:
hey kooliskool

u said you got 3unit 98 and 4u 96

can u please explain what was your raw mark.. like what did u get in the actual paper.

also is that %.
He won't know because BOS doesn't reveal that.

If he got 98 in 3 Unit, that's probably like 88-90% Raw.

kooliskool

HSC
lols, y would that be? I'm 100% sure that for my 3 unit paper, my mark for the paper is definitely 98% or higher, because I know I only lost 1 or 2 marks at most. Besides, BOS reveals your exam mark, and I got 99 for exam mark for 3u, just my assessment was 97 so overall was 98.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kooliskool said:
lols, y would that be? I'm 100% sure that for my 3 unit paper, my mark for the paper is definitely 98% or higher, because I know I only lost 1 or 2 marks at most. Besides, BOS reveals your exam mark, and I got 99 for exam mark for 3u, just my assessment was 97 so overall was 98.
No, BOS never reveals RAW mark. What you got is ALIGNED MARK which is 99.

Sorry to have interrupted your thread. To make it up to you:

I recommend this guy. He achieved 99 in HSC which is top 0.5% in the State.

kooliskool

HSC
....? I wonder if the mark I have given so far isn't enough to prove I'm worthy of tutoring? Shall I repeat again? I got 98/100 for 3 unit mathematics and 96/100 for 4 unit mathematics, please stop asking about my marks, they are already in the title of this thread.

undalay

HSC
I was askign about ur internal marks/ranks. NOt ur moderated hsc mark.

kooliskool

HSC
sry? didn't catch that, and wat did u mean by internal mark? u mean wat i got trial in school and stuff? I got 98% for trials for 3u (83/84) and 4u (118/120) for trials, that's all I can remember.

kooliskool

HSC
bump, holidays is here, and the HSC year is approaching, recruiting for year 12 students.

kooliskool

HSC
in my opinion, HSC papers are like samples for what you should expect from the real thing, so it's like the amount of exercises you do, there shouldn't be a minimum, you should practice as much as needed for you to fully understand the problems, or, for HSC papers, the purpose is to practice them until you can come up with a quick response for unfamiliar questions and can solve them. For some people, this doesn't take much practice, for some, they need to practice a lot, so it's hard to say, the point is, and that's solely what I was able to do after I practiced the HSC paper and I think people should be able to do, you can stare at a paper and have some sort of idea of how you should approach it, even the hard questions.

Good luck with your exams, I can see from your HSC year that you are having them very soon:)

kooliskool

HSC
回复: Re: HSC Mathematics tutoring in hurstville area, or state library 3u mark 98, 4u mark 96

bump, recruiting year 11, year 12 students

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)