• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Mathematics Marathon (2 Viewers)

deterministic

HSC
Find the flaw in the reasoning below:

So hence 0=1 based on above

Where the above uses integration by parts with u=1/x, du=-1/x^2, v=x, dv=1,

jyu

HSC
Find the flaw in the reasoning below:

So hence 0=1 based on above

Where the above uses integration by parts with u=1/x, du=-1/x^2, v=x, dv=1,
The 2 integrals at the ends may have different constants, so the conclusion is wrong

roryclifford

HSC
If lie on a circle through that passes through the origin then prove that the points representing are collinear (ie. lie on a straight line).

I have a solution for this that uses one circle geometry theorem. I'm sure there's a way to do it without using it so I'm interested in other solutions.

Hey I was actually just doing Excersise 4O from the textbook with this question and couldn't figure it out.
Could you possibly write your solution up for me?
Would help me out greatly :D

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Hey I was actually just doing Excersise 4O from the textbook with this question and couldn't figure it out.
Could you possibly write your solution up for me?
Would help me out greatly :D
What textbook is that?

I would write it up. But my solution uses a circle geometry theorem. I don't think the solution should since the textbook I got it from was written in 1960, way before circle geometry was introduced in 1981. So I'm sure that my method is bad.

roryclifford

HSC
What textbook is that?

I would write it up. But my solution uses a circle geometry theorem. I don't think the solution should since the textbook I got it from was written in 1960, way before circle geometry was introduced in 1981. So I'm sure that my method is bad.
It's from my teachers book, "The fundamentals of 4 Unit" or something along those lines, I think from S.K Patel.

But I am yet to do HSC circle geo yet, so maybe I am not meant to understand it just yet haha.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It's from my teachers book, "The fundamentals of 4 Unit" or something along those lines, I think from S.K Patel.

But I am yet to do HSC circle geo yet, so maybe I am not meant to understand it just yet haha.
OMFG That's the book we use for 4u at my school! Just sayin'
I havent actually opened it yet though lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)