HSC Marks Thread 2019 (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey people!

I think that marks are coming out on the 16th so that's really soon - so I'm making this thread so you can give PREDICTIONS about your HSC marks and/or your ACTUAL marks after they come out.

Good luck and I hope you all achieve your goals and get into your desired uni courses :)

EDIT: Woops it's 17th

Last edited:

BMWM2

HSC
wow, thanks for the well wishes!
Im currently shitting it right now - so much uncertainty
I tried to read through the answers which were released by NESA but cant remember all of the answers I wrote down

I thought HSC marks are released on the 17th

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Can someone make an official thread where people can post their school ranking, internal ranks, final hsc marks, and final ATAR? That way, BoS will have a database that future students can use and refer to. I'm too lazy to set up a template for it, so maybe someone who's on holiday can do it.

@Drdusk I nominate you as tribute.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone make an official thread where people can post their school ranking, internal ranks, final hsc marks, and final ATAR? That way, BoS will have a database that future students can use and refer to. I'm too lazy to set up a template for it, so maybe someone who's on holiday can do it.

Good idea actually.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

Yeah we can do that - good suggestion. I was going to make an atar thread and stuff after the hsc marks come out but your idea is pretty good :)

blyatman

HSC
N/A
@pikachu975 @Drdusk

The school rank, internal ranks within the school, and final HSC mark + ATAR should suffice. It's only meant to serve as a general ballpark guide for future students to refer to, so simpler is better. Was thinking something simple like:

Year: 2019
School rank (from previous year): 92
Top 10 Units (<Internal Assessment Rank>/<Approx number of students in cohort>): <Final HSC Mark>:
- Physics (3/40): 80
- Chemistry (5/70): 90
- English (25/200) : 82
ATAR: 88.55

The goal is to keep it as simple and broad as possible, so I'd recommend omitting all other statistics since they change so much from year to year and from student to student. E.g. since each student is different, there's not much point including HSC exam marks. Likewise, since each school is different, there's not much point including final assessment marks. Stuff like number of band 6's each year is nice and all, but most of the time this information is not readily available and will change drastically from year to year, and so there's not much point including it.

BAYPALS

HSC
fmd, do you guys think the 2u exam will scale? i have absolutely no idea if its considered to be an easy exam or a decent paper

BMWM2

HSC
I think it was a fair paper and thus, i'm thinking scaling will be following historical trends
On the other hand, almost every person I have spoken to found the paper harder than usual, or on par with 2018/2013 (which I don't completely agree with, although 2019 paper had some harder sections than those papers)
I'm pretty sure that HSC writers have to make the paper a fair difficulty and consistent with other papers, so in saying that, scaling SHOULD be the same across each year give or take 1-2 marks

BAYPALS

HSC
I think it was a fair paper and thus, i'm thinking scaling will be following historical trends
On the other hand, almost every person I have spoken to found the paper harder than usual, or on par with 2018/2013 (which I don't completely agree with, although 2019 paper had some harder sections than those papers)
I'm pretty sure that HSC writers have to make the paper a fair difficulty and consistent with other papers, so in saying that, scaling SHOULD be the same across each year give or take 1-2 marks
i have a rough idea of what i got raw, but not idea how it would scale. the 2015 paper didnt scale at all i think a 93 scaled to a 93, but i found that paper harder than 2018 one and that one scaled extremely well? what do you think the band 6 cut off would be?

BMWM2

HSC
i have a rough idea of what i got raw, but not idea how it would scale. the 2015 paper didnt scale at all i think a 93 scaled to a 93, but i found that paper harder than 2018 one and that one scaled extremely well? what do you think the band 6 cut off would be?
wow ok, I found 2015 much better if I can remember - I guess tomorrow we will all find out, and scaling is based on cohort performance so it is out of our control really
Best of luck for tomorrow!

BAYPALS

HSC
does anyone know when HSC ninja will release their honour roll and shit like that?

_rakelt

HSC
im so nervous : ( my results are sent to my mother's phone so i guess im sleeping my way through the whole day

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I actually pulled an all nighter the day before the results were released but it was because I was playing games. Not for my atar lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)