HSC Marks from the reading room.... (1 Viewer)

lazybum

HSC
N/A
Readers are SUPPOSEDLY geniuses, so post up whatever marks you got so we can be proud !!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

PS: i'm just a little curious what Gregor Samsa got, you ARE in Yr 12, hey?

Last edited:

Alexander

Gold Member
lol. Im also interested in what that nice person got aswell. When I say that, I mean I have a love hate relationship with you Gregor. But yes, I too am curious.

Last edited:

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
I got 93.75 totally above what I thought... 2 days ago i could have sworn I was to get 70 something... our teachers must teach above average a little.

lazybum

HSC
N/A
haha - no they must give u more than average 4 assessments - which REALLY pull u up if you don't do so well on exams

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I'm pompous and annoying, besides being a prick? Wow. Apologies if people have been offended by my ways.

Anyway, my UAI was 95.60, and my marks were;
Adv.English-85
Ext.English 1-36
Ext.English 2-48.
Ext.History-39
Ancient History-90
Modern History-92
General Mathematics-93.

*Returns to reading Ulysses* :D

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
how does that work.. I did all the same subjects you did bar extension 2 english... got almost the same subjects.. and I miss out by two.. gar my hist ext was even 45..

Alexander

Gold Member
YOU SEE!
was any one annoyed at Greg just then?. You go to too much effort to sound like...you know...
contemporize man

*returns to voodoo doll*

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
YOU SEE!
was any one annoyed at Greg just then?. You go to too much effort to sound like...you know...
contemporize man

*returns to voodoo doll*
It sounds like you're working for your car .. ;)

I don't write like that deliberately, its just how it comes out, rather than any attempt to sound old and pompous. Cursed by language. ;)

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Alexander i don't care WHAT kind of relationship you think you have with GS, quit being so fucking disrespectful. i honestly think you're alone here in your negative and i should point out, WAY-OFF opinion of him. i don't even know the guy personally but fuck, he has more class than you EVER will, and he's not even trying. he has so much class that he leaves the petty bitching to lowly creatures like you and I :D:D

and to keep on-track, i did shockingly and amazingly well and i owe it all to reading. <3333bookkss

lazybum

HSC
N/A
TO GREGOR

hi greg, my fab friend:
i'm REALLY proud of u, but in truth, i'm more proud of yours truely who got a better mark for Advanced English, and the UAI in general without all that POMPOSITY:) :) :) :) :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not really a boaster, but i'd thought you'd get way more bc your english is much better than mine:( :( :( :( :(
Whateva the case, we're on the same wavelength, bc you did the subjects i did :
mod hist, english, ext english
and the subjects i would have done if they offered it in my school : ancient history, and EXT English
However, while u did general maths i did - no maths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the best thing i've ever done was disregard the 2 Unit math teachers, who at my 80% maximum maths capacity said maths was absolutely compulsory for getting a good UAI, ( yea right baby ) , and drop it, 2 do Visual Arts and get 94%

PS: you returned to reading Ulysses - i only got so far as the 3rd chapter, b4 it got too much for me- how are you so conscientious?!?!?!?!? tell me how ya go

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I didn't do so well in the UAI, but i'm not so upset with my subject marks (which will remain a secret).

As for this discussion about Gregor, just shut up and let him be.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Re: TO GREGOR

Originally posted by lazybum
hi greg, my fab friend:
i'm REALLY proud of u, but in truth, i'm more proud of yours truely who got a better mark for Advanced English, and the UAI in general without all that POMPOSITY:) :) :) :) :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: you returned to reading Ulysses - i only got so far as the 3rd chapter, b4 it got too much for me- how are you so conscientious?!?!?!?!? tell me how ya go
Yeah, but this supposed, unintentional pomposity isn't listed in the marking criteria, so it isn't really a bonus in that sense. :p Nevetheless, congratulations.

As for Ulysses, on my first reading (The sections I mentioned earlier were extracts published in 'The Essential James Joyce') I'm up to Chapter 15, 'Circe' (Page 560 or thereabouts), and have been enjoying it immensely. Seriously, while I can understand it's difficulty, it is such a clever, funny book (The Nietzsche reference on p.27 cracked me up..).. Allusions all over the place (Picked up on many Shakespeare references for instance, characters being described as a man more sinned against than sinning and so-on), numerous meta-references, and every chapter written in a different 'technique'.

For instance, 'Oxen Of The Sun' (last section I read) reflects the evolution of the English language throughout in its style, moving from Old English, to Middle English heroic descriptions and so-on.., while 'Aeolus' is a chapter written between dozens of headlines, due to it's being largely set within the offices of a newspaper.

While the changing styles may seem pretentious, the text manages to capture something of the existence of Dublin on June 16th, 1904, and perhaps life itself. This is best demonstrated in the 'Wandering Rocks' chapter, literally nineteen 'happenings' involving various Dubliners. (Some of them even seen in 'Dubliners'.)

However, even with getting much out of it, I'm consciously aware of how many other allusions I must be missing..Which lends itself nicely to future reading.

Again, it's important to understand the use of stylistic infection (Seen in 'Nausicaa', where the text becomes cliche-ridden and reminiscent of women's magazines whenever a certain character [Gerty] is described or related..) and stream-of-consciousness..In short, I recommend trying again, if possible. Well worth the effort.

lazybum

HSC
N/A
i'd rather shakespeare than Joyce's works
though KL - a man more sinned against than sinning- is a bit tiresome ( perhaps bc i read it 30 times 4 hsc and will forever know inconsequential quotes off by heart)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
what the FUCK is with all the ASSHOLES in this thread? since when is not talkin lyk dis considered "pomposity"? get the fuck over yourself, the guy likes to read and has a well-seasoned vocabulary, just fuck off.

edit: ive made several attempts at ulysses, i'm really starting to think it;s just pretentious shit, but i;m trying. my prouder side is struggling against my logivcal side which says "THIS IS FUCKING CRAP"

Last edited:

Alexander

Gold Member
...if ya cant beat 'em, join 'em...

My dear, dear Gregor.
Just a short note to inform you of the vast appreciation I have of your posts. It would seem I am apart of the seeming throng of those who have a deep respect for your efforts. You have, and remain an amiable, collossal tower of intelligence in our small and undeserving minds. Bravo.

p.s. My most profound and deep apologies for the aforementioned vilification of yourself. Perhaps the course of this was hackers, or other such undesireables of a lower class. Anyway, in the risk of..'letting this flattery go to your head' (as a less able individual may put it) i'll shut up now.

lazybum

HSC
N/A
hear ye hear ye alexander ;););)

and to spinspinsugar: we's are on the same level : Ulysses -what the?!

the main thing is i tried! hehe

Last edited:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
O! people are getting worked up in this thread for no particular reason. heheh

woosaaaahhH!

anyway, reading helps. Just ask Gloria. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)