hsc marking (1 Viewer)

mkristie

HSC
just wondering if anyone knows how many times our exams get marked?
do modules get double marked? and what about paper 1? i'd assume they'd only need one person to mark unseen but i'm not too sure, does anyone know? :)

kruch

HSC
N/A
Apparently they changed it to be only marked once. I find it quite stupid because all teachers have different opinions and how they relate to something. This is targeted more towards creative writing. One person may find it boring, another can find it amazing. In the end, English is 3/4 how well you write and answer the question, 1/4 hoping you get a teacher who understands your P.O.V

teridax

HSC
N/A
From what I know, the "marked once" thing only applies for section I of the AoS paper; the rest of the modules (and creative writing) is double marked.

mkristie

HSC
yeah i agree, i'm worried for creative but i'm particularly worried for my essays. different teachers prefer different structures and have different opinions (i.e some teachers think not having a conclusion doesn't matter that much, other teachers are really strict about it) so i feel like that could make or break my mark.

mkristie

HSC
From what I know, the "marked once" thing only applies for section I of the AoS paper; the rest of the modules (and creative writing) is double marked.
yeah that's what i thought, thank you!

kruch

HSC
N/A
yeah i agree, i'm worried for creative but i'm particularly worried for my essays. different teachers prefer different structures and have different opinions (i.e some teachers think not having a conclusion doesn't matter that much, other teachers are really strict about it) so i feel like that could make or break my mark.
You just gotta hope for the best! Good luck with the rest of your exams. :D

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
The BOSTES website states that our papers will be marked by 11 markers. In other words, all of the modules, and the AOS essay+creative are double marked. The reading section is marked once.

Emmo121

HSC
Guys, I got a question myself and didn't want to open a new thread to ask it... So basically my teacher told me that it's better to write another body paragraph than to write a conclusion and so I risked writing conclusions for all three modules to do if I had time after the last body I was doing. I realised I only had two minutes and it was too late to write anything so I just finished the body and have no conclusions for all three modules :///// Now I've found out from many others conclusions are really important so my question is can I still scrape a band 5 with no conclusions, scaled that is so maybe 65-70 raw ?

Mr_Kap

HSC
The BOSTES website states that our papers will be marked by 11 markers. In other words, all of the modules, and the AOS essay+creative are double marked. The reading section is marked once.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Guys, I got a question myself and didn't want to open a new thread to ask it... So basically my teacher told me that it's better to write another body paragraph than to write a conclusion and so I risked writing conclusions for all three modules to do if I had time after the last body I was doing. I realised I only had two minutes and it was too late to write anything so I just finished the body and have no conclusions for all three modules :///// Now I've found out from many others conclusions are really important so my question is can I still scrape a band 5 with no conclusions, scaled that is so maybe 65-70 raw ?
Not having conclusions for ALL of your essays will have a detrimental impact on your mark. Markers would have already thought of your mark upon reaching the conclusion, but that conclusion is worth at least two marks. Just having a conclusion will give 19/20 instead of an 18/20, while to get a 20/20 you need to conclude it with style.

This is assuming that you're a gifted English student who studies nothing but English everyday and perfected every other aspect of your exams. If that's the case the most you would be getting is a 96-99/105 ~= 91-94%.

Therefore, it is completely possible to get Band 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)