HSC mark (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Sorry does anyone know if the HSC mark is purely based on our performance and the HSC n not affected by our cohort? So ur HSC exam mark will be aligned and that's it? And the internal mark is aligned based on our cohort and the subject itself? Cuz I hv a bad cohort for some of my subjects which I'm good at but then I got the estimated ATAR and the director of studies told me my marks got dragged down quite a bit because of the poor cohort. So just wondering if the HSC mark is calculated the same way
Thanks heaps guys and good luck :)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're ranked first internally, and attain the highest external (final exam you're doing now) mark in your cohort, that will be your internal too. Thus, you will remain uninfluenced by your cohort.

The subjects which you're not first for, your internals will be influenced by your cohort, though you're in control for the external, in its entirety.

jasonz1c

HSC
N/A
If you're ranked first internally, and attain the highest external (final exam you're doing now) mark in your cohort, that will be your internal too. Thus, you will remain uninfluenced by your cohort.

The subjects which you're not first for, your internals will be influenced by your cohort, though you're in control for the external, in its entirety.
Worded it perfectly!

HSC
N/A
Thanks:) that's not fair tho! I ranked second for 2 subjects but the difference between me and rank 1 person is only like a mark or less but we are pulled so much apart because of the poor cohort! Anyway glad to hear I hv entire control over my HSC mark will work harder for sure thanks heaps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)