Votes: 6 54.5%
  • All subjects

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Only bio and maths subjects

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rsmileyqt

HSC
Hey guys! I'm in a bit of a dilemma regarding HSC preparation lectures. Are they really worth my while? Currently I'm looking at two options - ATAR notes, which have free, two-hour lectures, and then there's the HSC In The Holidays workshops, which cost heaps and run for SEVEN HOURS!!! I'm not sure which one would be better. Here are some links for more info:

ATAR notes: http://www.eventbrite.com.au/o/atar-notes-hsc-lectures-9009697476
HSC in the Holidays: https://www.hscintheholidays.com.au/upcoming-workshops/

Are there any of you who have gone to these lectures/workshop organisations and could give me insight into how useful they are in terms of helping you study or answering questions about particular subjects? Would I be better-off staying at home and studying? I'm Northern Beaches and they're at UTS. My family thinks I should go to HSC in the Holidays for Biology and Maths, because for English Advanced and Art it's more beneficial to write practice essays under exam conditions. I'm not sure I agree. I'm just a frikkin' ball of stress rn

Tl;dr: Are HSC prep lectures or workshops worth going to? And if so, which would you recommend?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Last time I went to ATAR Notes for trials, it wasn't really content-focused, rather it was focused on tackling the exam.

IMO, you have nothing to lose with attending ATAR Notes because its free. Otherwise, I actually recommend working with your cohort (study groups and all) to build everyone for the externals.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Last time I went to ATAR Notes for trials, it wasn't really content-focused, rather it was focused on tackling the exam.

IMO, you have nothing to lose with attending ATAR Notes because its free. Otherwise, I actually recommend working with your cohort (study groups and all) to build everyone for the externals.
Writtenloveletters, r u going to the Atar notes lecture for the HSC?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)