• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC leaver/undergrad medicine.. (1 Viewer)

sweetcandeeh

HSC
I was on the Umat site and it did not include syd uni as a selected uni. If i was interested in doing an undergrad medicine straight out of high school would it be correct in saying i do not need to sit the UMAT? Only get called for an interview and accessed by UAI?

...and for those that b.med/sug/arts is it true only 5 get selected?!

boris

Banned
HSC
USyd is graduate entry, thats why you won't find it on UMAT.

Yes you have to sit UMAT, entry into Medicine is not dependent on UAI and interview alone.

More on USyd
The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Sydney is Australia’s first and largest medical faculty. With over 150 years of tradition and achievement it is part of the most comprehensive cluster of health faculties in Australia, encompassing Health Sciences, Dentistry, Nursing and Midwifery, and Pharmacy.

The University of Sydney Medical Program (USydMP) is a four-year, graduate-entry course leading to the award of the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and may be awarded with Honours. Offering a world-leading medical curriculum, you will be learning from the best in a dynamic, clinically relevant environment. The program features:

* patient contact from week 1
* integrated problem-based learning (PBL) approach
* the latest information technology
* a focus on self-assessment skills development, and
* the opportunity to undertake research.

In addition, a limited number of places are held for school leavers. These places may be taken up after satisfactory completion of the Bachelor of Science (Advanced), Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Arts (Advanced) (Honours) or the Bachelor of Music Studies degree at the University of Sydney (see Combined Medicine.)

.blank

HSC
N/A
Can I just confirm that the combined medicine interviews are Multiple Mini Station? The Usyd website says that it's a semi-structured panel interview on the combined medicine page, and a multiple mini station on the graduate medicine page. The MSO Forum says it's a multiple mini station for combined med. So I'm slightly confused.
Also, would anyone here have examples of past questions from the usyd interviews, particularly those that ask you about your current credentials (esp. sport which I suck at)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)