HSC IP/GP Marks (1 Viewer)

Kean

HSC
My teacher said that we never find out exactly what marks we get for our GP and IP. Is this true. Im not sure if I should believe her, after all she is a lieing *****

Sorry I dont really mean that, yes I do. If you had my drama teacher you would know how I feel. We have reported her and she is most likely going to be fired. You figure it out ;-)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
you dont find out at first, when the results come back, but you get the mark breakdowns in about march i think.

dont worry too much about it though, its all been done. good luck and sorry about ur teacher. a subject such as drama can sometimes attract the dodgiest of people who teach it, its just unfortunate that the slag had to teach yr 12.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
You yourself don't actually receive the breakdowns. The breakdowns are sent to the school, but the figures aren't raw marks like 27/30. They have been scaled and weighed and pretty much mucked around with. There is no mathematical forumla to get an accurate raw mark, however there is a way it can be done to get a rough estimate(my dad can do it, he did it with his drama and va students marks from last year). Your school also has to agree to release the figures they receive to you, because I'm pretty sure they can say no to you.

Anyway, but march of the following year your ip seems insignificant in the scheme of things, because by then you're either at uni or in the workforce and there are better things to worry about!

Gummy_bear

HSC
haha, thts what i was thinking! my bad tho...coz of her avatar, thought she was a he. no offence skillo! its great that your a chick! power to the girls..ahem..

C

Crazy Pomo

Skillo said:
You yourself don't actually receive the breakdowns. The breakdowns are sent to the school, but the figures aren't raw marks like 27/30. They have been scaled and weighed and pretty much mucked around with. There is no mathematical forumla to get an accurate raw mark, however there is a way it can be done to get a rough estimate(my dad can do it, he did it with his drama and va students marks from last year). Your school also has to agree to release the figures they receive to you, because I'm pretty sure they can say no to you.

Anyway, but march of the following year your ip seems insignificant in the scheme of things, because by then you're either at uni or in the workforce and there are better things to worry about!
That's cool. Didn't know they did that. Aligned/Scaled marks etc are essentially a reflection of raw marks though aren't they. They are a mark that reflects your performance in relation to the rest of the state or something similar. So if you got 30 individually, it could be said that that's what you were worth? I'll definately try and get those marks if I remember and can be bothered, but like you said: better things to think about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)