Hsc help needed very badly and just general discussion (1 Viewer)

@idontknow

HSC
So basically I am in year 12 term 2 and very worried and stressed for my hsc since I want a 91 atar but over the years I have had become lazy now I have poor study habits and poor time management and can barely focus I was wondering if I could get any help for my cause even my teachers say I can do it very easily but I just can't seem to study hard and push myself to my limits . Year 12 isn't like year 7 to 10 man didn't even have to study and get As easily but year 12 hit a bit too hard.
And BTW these are my subjects
Extension Maths
Standard english
Software design and development
Business studies
Biology

@idontknow

HSC
So basically I am in year 12 term 2 and very worried and stressed for my hsc since I want a 91 atar but over the years I have had become lazy now I have poor study habits and poor time management and can barely focus I was wondering if I could get any help for my cause even my teachers say I can do it very easily but I just can't seem to study hard and push myself to my limits . Year 12 isn't like year 7 to 10 man didn't even have to study and get As easily but year 12 hit a bit too hard.
And BTW these are my subjects
Extension Maths
Standard english
Software design and development
Business studies
Biology

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
A 91 ATAR is definitely achievable with your current subject selection. In order to ensure that your performance across your subjects is consistent with your ATAR goal, you must ensure that you are committed to each of your subjects, which involves developing a study plan that will effectively meet your needs in terms of each subject.

Favourable performance in maths requires that you have a good understanding of the concepts and ensure that you can apply your knowledge to different types of questions. This is why it is essential that you complete a range of practice questions that can be found within past exam papers from different schools. Doing so will enable you to identify areas of weakness and will subsequently give you the opportunity to rectify them (if applicable). Completing numerous questions from different past exam papers will also maximise your exposure to different types of questions, consequently improving your ability to effectively manipulate those concepts and hopefully leading to superior performance. It is important that you seek assistance with any concept(s) that you feel you are not sufficiently familiar with or do not fully understand.

In order to maximise your performance in English Standard, it would be a good idea to ensure that you are familiar with your prescribed texts, including themes/ideas/issues raised in each and their relevance to their respective module. Additionally, it is also important to be familiar with a range of literary and visual techniques, including what they are and the effect that they generally present when included in a quote/text. This will enable you to enhance your analytical skills, which can also be supported by completing a range of short answer questions in response to unseen texts. To improve your writing (in terms of your essays for instance), you should regularly seek feedback from your teacher and implement any suggestions that they offer.

Performing well in Business Studies requires that you are familiar with the concepts/topics and can apply your knowledge of the content to the different types of questions that can appear in a Business Studies exam/assignment, such as multiple-choice, short answer and/or report/essay questions. To do this, you may wish to regularly revisit content that you have covered to ensure you maintain a good understanding of particular concepts and, if needed, seek assistance with any concept(s) that you feel you are not sufficiently familiar with or do not fully understand. Completing past exam papers is also beneficial in terms of ensuring that you can effectively apply your knowledge of Business Studies content to different types of questions, such as assessing your knowledge of financial ratios.

Of course, laziness and poor time management cannot be immediately eradicated. Instead, gradually adopting good study habits will ultimately allow you to become a more committed student who can manage his studies well. You may wish to start by covering a bit of each subject every day. If at some point you feel that you can handle additional workload, then this is likely a positive indicator. Lastly, BoS is a good place to seek assistance, especially with subject-specific concerns.

I hope this helps! :D

nourished.

HSC
So basically I am in year 12 term 2 and very worried and stressed for my hsc since I want a 91 atar but over the years I have had become lazy now I have poor study habits and poor time management and can barely focus.
Focus is like a muscle - you'll need to work it out before it feels like it can do work. But, the hardest part of doing the work (ie studying) is starting. And the biggest obstacle to you starting ... is probably your room (I'm assuming). So, I'd say to take advantage of your local library and go there straight after school - make going to the library, rather than studying, your study habit lol.

Johnny Sins

HSC
Have you tried using a term planner? Thats what I used towards the start of year 12 and I personally felt like it helped me out when it came to laziness and not being motivated. It helped a lot as I had written down when my upcoming assessments were and what I wanted to do within a day or week. This made it easier as I had everything planned out and I knew what I had to do. For example I'd write something like, brush up on eco notes, revise topic 3 in 3u, read chapter 69 of a book in english, etc.

@idontknow

HSC
A 91 ATAR is definitely achievable with your current subject selection. In order to ensure that your performance across your subjects is consistent with your ATAR goal, you must ensure that you are committed to each of your subjects, which involves developing a study plan that will effectively meet your needs in terms of each subject.

Favourable performance in maths requires that you have a good understanding of the concepts and ensure that you can apply your knowledge to different types of questions. This is why it is essential that you complete a range of practice questions that can be found within past exam papers from different schools. Doing so will enable you to identify areas of weakness and will subsequently give you the opportunity to rectify them (if applicable). Completing numerous questions from different past exam papers will also maximise your exposure to different types of questions, consequently improving your ability to effectively manipulate those concepts and hopefully leading to superior performance. It is important that you seek assistance with any concept(s) that you feel you are not sufficiently familiar with or do not fully understand.

In order to maximise your performance in English Standard, it would be a good idea to ensure that you are familiar with your prescribed texts, including themes/ideas/issues raised in each and their relevance to their respective module. Additionally, it is also important to be familiar with a range of literary and visual techniques, including what they are and the effect that they generally present when included in a quote/text. This will enable you to enhance your analytical skills, which can also be supported by completing a range of short answer questions in response to unseen texts. To improve your writing (in terms of your essays for instance), you should regularly seek feedback from your teacher and implement any suggestions that they offer.

Performing well in Business Studies requires that you are familiar with the concepts/topics and can apply your knowledge of the content to the different types of questions that can appear in a Business Studies exam/assignment, such as multiple-choice, short answer and/or report/essay questions. To do this, you may wish to regularly revisit content that you have covered to ensure you maintain a good understanding of particular concepts and, if needed, seek assistance with any concept(s) that you feel you are not sufficiently familiar with or do not fully understand. Completing past exam papers is also beneficial in terms of ensuring that you can effectively apply your knowledge of Business Studies content to different types of questions, such as assessing your knowledge of financial ratios.

Of course, laziness and poor time management cannot be immediately eradicated. Instead, gradually adopting good study habits will ultimately allow you to become a more committed student who can manage his studies well. You may wish to start by covering a bit of each subject every day. If at some point you feel that you can handle additional workload, then this is likely a positive indicator. Lastly, BoS is a good place to seek assistance, especially with subject-specific concerns.

I hope this helps! :D
Thanks a lot I will try to integrate all the help

@idontknow

HSC
Focus is like a muscle - you'll need to work it out before it feels like it can do work. But, the hardest part of doing the work (ie studying) is starting. And the biggest obstacle to you starting ... is probably your room (I'm assuming). So, I'd say to take advantage of your local library and go there straight after school - make going to the library, rather than studying, your study habit lol.
Have you tried using a term planner? Thats what I used towards the start of year 12 and I personally felt like it helped me out when it came to laziness and not being motivated. It helped a lot as I had written down when my upcoming assessments were and what I wanted to do within a day or week. This made it easier as I had everything planned out and I knew what I had to do. For example I'd write something like, brush up on eco notes, revise topic 3 in 3u, read chapter 69 of a book in english, etc.
I have but just my laziness and my lack of hardwork has stopped me from achieving those goals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)