HSC General Maths Marathon (1 Viewer)

DJ696

HSC
lets start a thread and share questions for everyone to do :)
As Maths is in a few days :)

rednellav

HSC
Still can't get over the ambiguity of the present and future value annuity questions. It's a comprehension test (a hard one at that) and it's annoying af lulz.

Anyone know a decent way to differentiate between them when they're somewhat ambiguous?

DJ696

HSC
Still can't get over the ambiguity of the present and future value annuity questions. It's a comprehension test (a hard one at that) and it's annoying af lulz.

Anyone know a decent way to differentiate between them when they're somewhat ambiguous?
The Future Value of an annuity (sum of payments) is the amount that the total series of payments will be worth at the end of the payment term. The Present Value of an annuity is the total value of the sum of payments in present dollars. If the payments are guaranteed, then the current market value (what you could sell the instrument for) of the annuity would be the present value.

rednellav

HSC
Yeah thanks for that man. Still, a lot of the questions are pretty difficult to figure out what they actually want.

lol general maths
Dropped from MX1 to general maths crew, brb no effort required to get high marks so you can focus on other subjects moar

only issue is dat scaling and alignment lawl

DJ696

HSC
Yeah thanks for that man. Still, a lot of the questions are pretty difficult to figure out what they actually want.

Dropped from MX1 to general maths crew, brb no effort required to get high marks so you can focus on other subjects moar
All the questions are worded in the exams which throws students way off, that's why underline everything it asks in the question as it make sense more :)

rednellav

HSC
All the questions are worded in the exams which throws students way off, that's why underline everything it asks in the question as it make sense more :)
Yeah. I feel like it's the only exam where a highlighter helps me out.

Can't think of anything to add. I feel like that's one of the most important things in this subject - reading the questions.

Are you guys going over preliminary stuff?
I dropped down into general in year 12 so I probably should. The way I see it, the only questions that ever come up are types of data, types of surveys, and capture and re-capture?

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
Yeah. I feel like it's the only exam where a highlighter helps me out.

Can't think of anything to add. I feel like that's one of the most important things in this subject - reading the questions.

I dropped down into general in year 12 so I probably should. The way I see it, the only questions that ever come up are types of data, types of surveys, and capture and re-capture?

Yah and also taxable income, dividend yield, the basics/foundations for yr 12.

rednellav

HSC
It should be that hard :) but currently at the moment I'm doing a topic test on data analysis :)
Only thing I ever feel I need to remember for interpreting data is the way skewness correlates to positive or negative scores.

A left tail = negative. The rest (modes, symmetry, IQR and outliers) are pretty much self explanatory imho.

DJ696

HSC
Only thing I ever feel I need to remember for interpreting data is the way skewness correlates to positive or negative scores.

A left tail = negative. The rest (modes, symmetry, IQR and outliers) are pretty much self explanatory imho.
Correlation is pretty much the only thing needed to revise ad go over :)

rednellav

HSC
How you guys ranked? What are you guys aiming for? I'm 2/130 and aiming for a 90. I normally surpass that with my raw mark but I'll be happy with simply a B6. Might try to get as close to 100 as I can lulz.

DJ696

HSC
How you guys ranked? What are you guys aiming for? I'm 2/130 and aiming for a 90. I normally surpass that with my raw mark but I'll be happy with simply a B6. Might try to get as close to 100 as I can lulz.
Ranked 15/98 :) aiming 90+ :D haha go for it son and me and you to the top :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)