HSC - falling short of required ATAR for MACQ course! (1 Viewer)

tycoon_07

HSC
Hi BoredofStudies,

I'm not entirely sure whether making a new thread was the way to go, however since I haven't used the site in terms of making threads often etc I thought I would. Any ways to my dilemma!

I recently got my ATAR (as we all did) and I am 5 ATAR points short (including bonus points) to MACQ Uni, now is there a possibility that I could be accepted into the 2nd/3rd or final round?

If not, if I went to UWS would I be able to transfer into the second year at MACQ - what types of marks would be required? Also which UWS campus would you recommend.

Thanks Kindly,

Tycoon

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Until the first round offers are made you don't know if you are short at all. The cut-offs for your year haven't been made public yet and won't be until the offers are made - as that is when UAC will know what the cut-offs are.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
It would be quite a long shot as traditionally, the cutoff for degrees in later rounds increases.

If you go to UWS, I'm sure you could transfer into MACQ but I would suggest aiming for a Distinction average. Try to avoid getting just passes as that could hurt your chances.

tycoon_07

HSC
It would be quite a long shot as traditionally, the cutoff for degrees in later rounds increases.

If you go to UWS, I'm sure you could transfer into MACQ but I would suggest aiming for a Distinction average. Try to avoid getting just passes as that could hurt your chances.
Thanks for your response, I really hope it can happen! Good advice.

tycoon_07

HSC
Until the first round offers are made you don't know if you are short at all. The cut-offs for your year haven't been made public yet and won't be until the offers are made - as that is when UAC will know what the cut-offs are.
Thanks for your response, true however I would assume it would unlikely drop any further from the current 75.0 at MACQ - I would believe it would most likely increase. I wonder what the median atar is...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)