HSC examination rule?! (1 Viewer)

cjs2112

HSC
hi everyone, i am not sure if here is right place to ask but i am just wondering whether you can go to toilet during your HSC or Trial exams? is it allowed or not. can someone answer this question please.

thanks

Boots Riley

HSC
Seriously, go to the toilet before your exam. If you take a bottle of water in with you (which I assume you are allowed to do?) make it a small one. You hardly get enough time as it is, let alone tiolet breaks. :)

cjs2112

HSC
thanks guys, i was just wondering because during my half-yearly this supervivor said we arent allowed

anyways thanks ^^

oake

HSC
yeh u can go to the loo, in the exams. just that a supervivor will go with you n wait for you out side your toilet door, near the sinks...
a bit freaky but yeh then they record it...

Cheers

HSC
N/A
cjs2112 said:
thanks guys, i was just wondering because during my half-yearly this supervivor said we arent allowed

anyways thanks ^^
Serious?!?!?! Oh that's so mean - I bet they just couldn't be stuffed walking outside. You are DEFINATELY allowed to go and "relieve yourself" during your exam.

Ask your teachers - if the supervisor is going to be stupid about it, apply for "Special Consideration" / permission from the Board of Studies to be allowed to go to the loo during your exam, and watch them fry the stupid supervisor for making up rules :p

HSC
yeah they do that in my school too, we have to record our names and the exact time we leave and come back.

and we have to also walk around with a yellow 'pass'. lol
lame.

Steve Mate

HSC
Sorta related... During the trials we were told that we couldnt take in water bottles. They had cups (polystyrene) and water. We could fill one up and take it to our desks as we entered. If we ran out we had to put up our hand and get a supervisor to fill it up. It surprised me. I assumed a water bottle would be alright

H

housemouse

A bottle of water isnt allowed because you could hide notes behind the label or do something shifty with the bottle.

Steve Mate

HSC
housemouse said:
A bottle of water isnt allowed because you could hide notes behind the label or do something shifty with the bottle.
You would have thought a clear plastic bottle would be alright but i just checked the offical list and yep no mention of water bottles!

kerfuffle

HSC
O.O We can't bring water into the actual HSC exams? It's frickin' three hours, the exam! We need water to . . . keep our brains going.
Can't the examiners just examine our water bottles to see that we're not hiding anything?
P.S. We were allowed to bring water bottles into our trial HSC exams. I also ate pieces of candy (that had foil wrappers, so everytime I opened one to eat, it made noises) and Extra Drops during my exams. And in the School Certificate, I asked the examiner for each exam if I could eat Extra Drops during the exam.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
kerfuffle said:
Can't the examiners just examine our water bottles to see that we're not hiding anything?
It would not be practical in terms of time to check every student's water bottle(s), especially for exams involving the whole cohort like English.

kerfuffle

HSC
*sigh* True . . .
I'm still attempting to bring my water bottle in, though, unless they object.
My Extra Drops, too. I won't eat the candy in foil 'cause it makes too much noise. And since examiners tend to be not-so-young people, they'll probably be pissed off that I'm making such a racket eating, not to mention eating during the exam.

kerfuffle

HSC
*laughs*
Anyway, the 'examination supervisors and presiding officers' can check everyone's water bottle(s), according to part ii) of Section 19 of the Rules and Procedures booklet that we got:
Rules and Procedures for 2006 Higher School Certificate Candidates said:
ii) Before the examination begins, examination supervisors and presiding officers will inspect any equipment brought into the examination room.
:D My water bottle's coming with me. And my Extra Drops.

Last edited:

oake

HSC
some of the rules u guys are writing are werid.... u r allowed to take a clear water bottle in with you, u can go to the loo, n u are allowed to eat lollies as well, we we were allowed during our HSC trials, and we had BOS superviors doing ours....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)