HSC essay - need advice (1 Viewer)

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
ok firstly, what time frame is the AOS paper divided into and how long do you ACTUALLY take on each part.

i just perfected my essay...typed. it turns out its 6 pages written, which i just practiced...took 50 minutes exactly and that was copying it from right in front of me! so....should i shorten it a little bit, or just memorise completely and practice riting it over and over again. im prepared to dfo either...

Nomes

If I were you I would edit that down to allow yourself time to mould your practiced essay to the question during the exam. It will take a few minutes to decide what parts of your essay you're going to use, if there's other things you could add or make up some sentences that relate directly to the question. (ie. letting the marker know you're answering the question.)

But, I would also practice a helluva lot too. To the point of memorisation so you can work with it easer during the exam time. And if worst comes to worst, and you freeze up during the exam, you can just write out your essay from memory.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
yeh.. memorise it, but do heaps of practise questions so you can mould your essay to suit different ones. Lotsa ppl are gonna say that's cheating and defeats the purpose of the course, but the syllabus is such that you KNOW what the question is =P so u may as well work with it.

50 minutes copying it directly.. if u learn it, it wont take u 50 minutes, i reckon. copying actually takes longer.

that does only leave 30 minutes for creative (u should DEFINITELY set aside 40 min for the short answer).. but that's pretty decent. I found that if you were half-talented at writing, you dont' need much to get a decent mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)