HSC English Paper 2008 (1 Viewer)

zabzoub1

HSC
hello everyone,

now that the stimulus booklet is not going to be used this year, does anyone know what exactly will it be replaced by?

Should we now prepare for questions that have TWO related texts, rather than previous years that say ONE?

Or will it all be the same, just without a stimulus booklet, i am confussed, since my teachers could not clarify this, and i could not read anything on board of studies.

Please write what you believe the question style would be this year, thnkx!

24hrs

HSC
If you've prepared for two, then I suppose it makes sense to write for two?
My five cents.

zabzoub1

HSC
i ment should we expect hsc questions to now say

...and at least TWO related texts???

because most previous years always said *at least ONE*

any way i am preping for two, but 2 doesnt always mean better marks, its all about the depth of your analysis, quotes and techniques....

wrote learning TIME!

zabzoub1

HSC
adnan91 said:
Your teacher shouldnt be a teacher:)
i agree, i got a f'ing relief as my damm full time eng year 12 teacher...

tlking abut "all my own work" ....f'ing hell

joshlols

HSC
Prepare 2 additionals and you will have no problem.

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Yeh, two related texts, its going to be very likely.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Lucky I know three off by heart thanks to our teacher :eek: but yeah when it used to say "at least ONE" if usually meant more than one (for a successful response). Now that it says TWO, you could get away with writing about two or three.

vmoore

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
Lucky I know three off by heart thanks to our teacher :eek: but yeah when it used to say "at least ONE" if usually meant more than one (for a successful response). Now that it says TWO, you could get away with writing about two or three.
if it says at least one, your answer is not deficient if you only write one. saying you have to write 2 or 3 when it asks two for a better mark is incorrect. i am going to do the minimum they ask because it means i will have higher textual analysis on thoes texts.. doing 3 additional texts is silly because you can only write limited on each.

having siad this it doesnt mean you only learn 2. having lewarnt 3 is much stonger cos one of ur texts mightn't have much to do with the question.

but writing more texts than they ask, im my opinion, is not wise.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
why did this thread just confuse the shit out of me.

omg escape..

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
vmoore said:
if it says at least one, your answer is not deficient if you only write one. saying you have to write 2 or 3 when it asks two for a better mark is incorrect. i am going to do the minimum they ask because it means i will have higher textual analysis on thoes texts.. doing 3 additional texts is silly because you can only write limited on each.

having siad this it doesnt mean you only learn 2. having lewarnt 3 is much stonger cos one of ur texts mightn't have much to do with the question.

but writing more texts than they ask, im my opinion, is not wise.
I have to agree. But certainly writing 2 is better than 1 if they're both at the same level of depth in regards to journeys :p

zabzoub1

HSC
yehh i agree with deeper analysis hence minimum texts, that is what i am aiming for... but i have all my essays with 1 related text in super detail... and i always got top marks, i just dont want to see hsc 2008 say "at least TWO related texts" because to me its more writting, and less deeper analysis, at the end you would write like only 2 paragraphs for each text, cant do much in that space.

but i am adjusing for 2 per text... finding it hard for "the club" dialogue elective.. grr stupid hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)