HSC English Area of Study stimulus booklet withdrawn (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
ticky2002 said:
Ah fair enough. So basically know the texts, and use key points to help remember the needed information.

I'd heard the idea of using different colours while studying, but I hadn't thought about wearing coloured bands into an exam to jog your memory of those. I think that's actually a good idea. I might see if it works for me for some things in my mid years.

I don't know if there's a way to learn like it. But I find I seem to remember more by learning things by having them happen, or doing them - i.e. the practical side, rather then just simply textbooking or something.
That's because the ribbons idea is mine lol. 100% original and not yet published - patent pending haha.

I suggest you roleplay then. Seriously. Get like toy guns and stuff or be like the prince in Briar Rose or the Nazis or something.
I just had a brilliant idea lol. I'm gonna do this tomorrow haha.
Get your siblings involved and do a little play! You'll remember, especially if you have some laughs! :)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Prosper said:
way to steal one of mine! :hammer::hammer::hammer:

That's not a joke btw
Lol. OMG! How many people are doing Motorcycle Diaries or Little Miss Sunshine this year?! It's almost like every second person has it for their related text.

@ticky2002: I found that if you have more than one example of a concept you're talking about, only remember one. Eg for Briar Rose, if you're talking about the importance of the oral tradition and want to provide an example, just give one and expand on it instead of listing five different examples of it throughout the novel. That way, you memorise less things as you don't have to know all aspects of the text in great detail.

Zephyrio

HSC
Lol. Yeah, every second person IS doing Motorcycle Diaries/Little Miss Sunshine...

bassistx

HSC
If your text is too common, there's more chance you'll lose marks because there could be something that you could've missed and somebody else wrote it. Do you get me?
If you do something less popular and especially like a painting or something, you'll get more marks because there isn't like a standard to compare it too.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
bassistx said:
If your text is too common, there's more chance you'll lose marks because there could be something that you could've missed and somebody else wrote it. Do you get me?
If you do something less popular and especially like a painting or something, you'll get more marks because there isn't like a standard to compare it too.
Not necessarily.

The idea behind your text and the meaning you get fom it may be completely different to someone else doing the same text. We interpret things differently. What someones see's as their most important argument may only be a minor key point for you. Everyone develops a slightly different thesis, and the texts fit in different ways. Just because someone has something you don't doesnt mean you will be marked down...their extra information might be completely irrelevant to your statement.

Like The Arrival by Shaun Tan for example (1 of 4 of my related texts) Some may just see this text as being about an immigrant's shift in life, the journey that leads to a change in surroundings and lifestyle - something new. Others may argue the more important thing is that the journey of an immigrant causes emotional change..and this journey results in new widom about the surrounding world of the individual. 2 different ideas...

If The Motorcycle diaries works for you, if it links to your prescribed text, and you can right enough about it to prove a physical journey has been undertaken (like, duh, of course it has) then go for it!

chehh

HSC
ok for your information everyone, i just contacted the BOS and you are able to use a text from the stimulus booklet as a related text, and NO you will not lose marks because it is not your own. so if you have your information for it already it is fine to use! don't stress

dmw28b

HSC
Thank you brother. I was about to lose what little sleep I had left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)