HSC economic extended response topics (1 Viewer)

Fabrizio

HSC
Does anyone have any solid predictions of what topics will be in the extended responses for the HSC?
I think definitely monetary and probably the case study and fiscal/labour market but not sure on what else

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
They usually don't repeat essay question topics from year to year, so whatever was asked last year prob won't be asked. You still need to know it tho cos it might be in short answer.

I predict a case study question and BOP/ES/CAD essay because those have not been assessed in a while.

Fabrizio

HSC
Yeah i was thinking CAD as well. I'm kind of torn with environmental sustainability, If i study it i think its pretty easy but im not sure if we will see it as we had it in 2018 and it doesn't pop up very often

Fabrizio

HSC
I also think it will either be CAD or Australia trade and financial flows (asked on CSSA paper) which are pretty similar

SpecterLitt

HSC
considering the exam is written around feb-march along with continuous cash rate cuts and a historically low cash rate i reckon monetary is likely to show up

dunno919

HSC
Yeah i was thinking CAD as well. I'm kind of torn with environmental sustainability, If i study it i think its pretty easy but im not sure if we will see it as we had it in 2018 and it doesn't pop up very often
I really want it to be environmental sustainability cause its the easiest topic for me!! But yeah, since it was done in 2018 I reckon they won't do it again, but every year it has been either a short answer or essay question so it's highly likely to come up in short answers. It is relevant now though cause of the bushfires earlier this year, so if COVID didn't happen I think they would've put it as an essay.

dunno919

HSC
I don't think there would be a case study essay cause it's not really 'relevant' to the contemporary economic climate, but then again they haven't asked it in a few years so maybe.

I think they could ask something on the current account surplus and ask you to talk about how that happened and its effects or maybe contrast it to the impact of the CAD on the economy.

I also predict they'll do a question on macroeconomic policy in relation to economic issues. Most likely they'd do economic growth and unemployment since those are very relevant in the COVID climate. Also, to differentiate students, they could even ask a question on the budget to see who is keeping up with the contemporary.

Free trade and protection is also relevant, but I think it was asked last year. I definitely think there will be something from Topic 1 (the global economy) cause it's rarely tested. Even topic 2 isn't tested a lot, especially balance of payments so I'm thinking current account or trade and financial flows.

Fabrizio

HSC
I don't think there would be a case study essay cause it's not really 'relevant' to the contemporary economic climate, but then again they haven't asked it in a few years so maybe.

I think they could ask something on the current account surplus and ask you to talk about how that happened and its effects or maybe contrast it to the impact of the CAD on the economy.

I also predict they'll do a question on macroeconomic policy in relation to economic issues. Most likely they'd do economic growth and unemployment since those are very relevant in the COVID climate. Also, to differentiate students, they could even ask a question on the budget to see who is keeping up with the contemporary.

Free trade and protection is also relevant, but I think it was asked last year. I definitely think there will be something from Topic 1 (the global economy) cause it's rarely tested. Even topic 2 isn't tested a lot, especially balance of payments so I'm thinking current account or trade and financial flows.
Yeah but I'm not sure what effects what they choose more; trying to make it unpredictable or relevant

dunno919

HSC
How do you even write an essay on current account surplus/deficit ahh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)