HSC Distinguished Achievers question (1 Viewer)

cloud edwards

HSC
Two questions:

1) How does one get into the HSC Distinguished Achievers list. I've heard that one must get at least an 90 in their HSC. But i don't know whether that is 90 in your raw HSC exam, or 90 overall (i.e. HSC internals and external).

2)Also, is it true that your external's and internal's average is your hsc mark?

E.g my current chemistry assessment overall marks for the year is 85, so does that mean i need a raw chem hsc exam mark of 95 to make my HSC mark a 90.

Sorry if I got the terminology wrong, i'm new to this topic.

Thanx =)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Two questions:

1) How does one get into the HSC Distinguished Achievers list. I've heard that one must get at least an 90 in their HSC. But i don't know whether that is 90 in your raw HSC exam, or 90 overall (i.e. HSC internals and external).

2)Also, is it true that your external's and internal's average is your hsc mark?

E.g my current chemistry assessment overall marks for the year is 85, so does that mean i need a raw chem hsc exam mark of 95 to make my HSC mark a 90.

Thanx =)
Your internal mark doesn't matter just your rank and the relative gap because it's moderated by NESA

andrew12678

HSC
Two questions:

Thanx =)
Dw my Chem raw internal mark was probably around 83/100 for a rank 11 at my school and I ended up with a 97 final HSC mark. So they definitely do some aligning of school's assessment marks to account for schools with 'harder' assessments vs schools with easier assessments

hrithikroshan

HSC
Dw my Chem raw internal mark was probably around 83/100 for a rank 11 at my school and I ended up with a 97 final HSC mark. So they definitely do some aligning of school's assessment marks to account for schools with 'harder' assessments vs schools with easier assessments
What was your internal + external for that at a top selective school?

Eluate

HSC
1. You need Band 6 or E4 (90 HSC reported mark) in at least 10 units.
To be a distinguished achiever, you only need to achieve a band 6 in one subject.
To be an all-rounder you need at least 10 band 6 units.

mreditor16

HSC
Yep, not only does it align it for difficulty of assessments, but moreso for the quality of the cohort - it's very possible that someone ranked 100/180 in James Ruse for Physics is performing better than someone ranked 5/200 in Joe Bloggs Comprehensive High School

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)