HSC course economics (1 Viewer)

imprsiv

HSC
Has anybody else thought or found how easy topic 1: globalisation was/is. And chapter 4 (topic 2): BOP is so freakin complicated and hard compared(took me hours to understand how everything works) to globalisation.

Also Yr 12 economics is so much more interesting than year 11 imo. Yr 11 seemed more theortical economics, while year 12 feels like learning relevant real life examples.

I dunno some thoughts on the HSC course compared to the prelimary course.

Post your thoughts - what course you prefered and why.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I say that Topic 4 was the hardest followed by Topic 1.
Yr 12 was way bettet than yr 11 because it got serious in year 12 and learning more about macro than micro.

imprsiv

HSC
Sparcod said:
I say that Topic 4 was the hardest followed by Topic 1.
Yr 12 was way bettet than yr 11 because it got serious in year 12 and learning more about macro than micro.
Really, our class( only 12 of us) all felt topic 1 was a breeze. We finshed it in 4 weeks. Then spent the remaining weeks of the term trying to understand chapter 4. Finally with all the practice questions on chapter 4 and the constant revision we all finally understand it.

And we are an all guys class all ultra competitive people.. its quite good as it pushes us further + we have an awesome teacher

HSC
N/A
回覆: Re: HSC course economics

topic 1 - I bludged
topic 2 - I blamed our teacher on her irresponsibility
topic 3 - I and my classmates learned it almost by ourselves
topic 4 - A casual teacher and us stuffed it up

ichiraku

HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: HSC course economics

Topic 1 is fairly easy but it's so boring =/ I really hated that last section about the impact of globalisaiton but protection was fun =]

Topic 3 and 4 are definetly the best. Oh and exchange rates also get the thumbs up from me

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

ilovecommunism said:
topic 1 - I bludged
topic 2 - I blamed our teacher on her irresponsibility
topic 3 - I and my classmates learned it almost by ourselves
topic 4 - A casual teacher and us stuffed it up
You have really strong politcal/ecomomic views there, judging by your username.

HSC

Yea topic 1 was by far the easiest when learning it however we did bludge through it and spent like a whole term on it.

Topic 3 + 4 were the hardest as we taught ourselves and had to do an assessment task on writing about the whole of topic 4 and a bit of 3's content in only 5000 words including relevent examples to the aus economy etc...

Just make sure u stay on top of economics and u will be fine... stressing about it was never fun :(

BlackDragon

HSC
imprsiv said:
Has anybody else thought or found how easy topic 1: globalisation was/is. And chapter 4 (topic 2): BOP is so freakin complicated and hard compared(took me hours to understand how everything works) to globalisation.

Also Yr 12 economics is so much more interesting than year 11 imo. Yr 11 seemed more theortical economics, while year 12 feels like learning relevant real life examples.

I dunno some thoughts on the HSC course compared to the prelimary course.

Post your thoughts - what course you prefered and why.
i found yr 11 significantly easier in that theory is so easy to learn. you need not apply it to anything in yr 11 so its so easy to get good marks.
in yr 12 people really should do the global economy last. in that there is so much policy type stuff you haven't learn yet which is really the key in examining the economic changes through which countries have complexly embraced globalisation.

often it takes time to sink in. just keep revisiting it. even if you don't get it when you do it in class and for the assessment on it, you'll find that if you go back to it a term later you'll find it alot easier. - setting you up for great exam marks and complexly simple, interwoven essays.

HSC
OMG BOP i hated that topic lols, but i read the Dixon textbook like 8 times to actually understand how it all works.

YEsh The HSC topic is way easier than the prelim, i didnt even listen in prelim class -__"

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
BOP rules..That's my fav. part- CAD, foreign debt/ liabilities, terms of trade

imprsiv

HSC
YEsh The HSC topic is way easier than the prelim, i didnt even listen in prelim class -__"[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or doesn't that statement make sense. BOP is alright our teacher gave us any past BOP HSC questions and made up his own, really helped.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
:|

uff....i cant even remember the prelim course now hahaha

but i think starting something's always harder than continuing it, so for a complete eco novice for me, some of the concepts were a tad confusing to get my head around in yr11 ...thats a bit easier now

we started with topic 3: inflation, eco growth etc
an elaboration on concepts we learnt in yr 11 so nothing spectacular there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)