hsc confusion..:S:S (1 Viewer)

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
hey i was wondering....if u in ur 1st assessments get crappy marks(average) and then in ur others come top will u be penalised badly for it in ur hsc assessment mark? also how can u make up for it?
eg if the top mark was 5 marks ahead of urs do u have 2 beat that person by 5 divided by 2 coz its 1/2 hsc mark so by 2.5 marks?

QuaCk

It'll depend on the weighting of the assessment.
First few assessments don't count for much anyways.

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
my english one was weighed more then the trial:S:S

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
if u screwed up ur 1st assessments its not a big thing
i did for some
im just gonna try harder in the future ones!
ive onli done 1 terms worth of assessments so far as well

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Juju15 said:
hey i was wondering....if u in ur 1st assessments get crappy marks(average) and then in ur others come top will u be penalised badly for it in ur hsc assessment mark? also how can u make up for it?
eg if the top mark was 5 marks ahead of urs do u have 2 beat that person by 5 divided by 2 coz its 1/2 hsc mark so by 2.5 marks?
It depends on the weighting. You can't generalise by saying that earlier assessments are worth more or less than others, however early assessments usually have lower weightings.

There's no point regretting how badly you did in your first assessment. Neither is there a point in "planning out" how you're going to regain those marks and get back to the top, because it's impossible to plan to get 95% - the best you can do is to aim for that mark, work & study hard and try your best...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Juju15 said:
Here's a hypothetical:
Your first assessment is marked out of 50 and has a weighting of 10%. Suppose Person A gets 45 and Person B 40.
.'. Person B's 40/50 will be reduced to 8/10 and the Person A will get 9/10 i.e. Person B is virtually only 1 mark behind.

Now suppose you have a 2nd assessment marked out of 25, with a weighting of 25%:
Person B get 24 and Person A gets 22.
.'. Person B's 24/25 will remain at 24/25, while Person A will get 22/25.
Thus, the cumulative assessment marks are:
Person A: 31/35
Person B: 32/35 ---> now ranked higher than Person A, despite getting a lower mark in the 1st assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)