HSC Chemistry SOLUTIONS / Thoughts / Predictions (2 Viewers)

JeydinNewWon

HSC
Aside from this, who found it rather...weird that Physics and Chemistry pulled a Janus and Epithemus this year? (Yes, in the spirit of Physics I used an analogy...hmm...maybe this is why I should continue lurking...) (FYI I was gonna link something but I can't...so it's just that the orbits of Saturn's moon switch...and I ruined my analogy...)

Physics became the difficulty Chemistry was last year, and Chemistry became the difficulty Physics was this year.

idkkdi

HSC
Aside from this, who found it rather...weird that Physics and Chemistry pulled a Janus and Epithemus this year? (Yes, in the spirit of Physics I used an analogy...hmm../maybe this is why I should continue lurking...)

Physics became the difficulty Chemistry was last year, and Chemistry became the difficulty Physics was this year.
pretty sure they make easy tests for the new syllabus in the first year. so both becoming harder is kind of expected.

JeydinNewWon

HSC
pretty sure they make easy tests for the new syllabus in the first year. so both becoming harder is kind of expected.
I found the Physics exam very straightforward or "easy" though compared to last years. (Finished it an hour early, actually).

Whereas I found this year's Chemistry significantly harder than last year's, imo.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Aside from this, who found it rather...weird that Physics and Chemistry pulled a Janus and Epithemus this year? (Yes, in the spirit of Physics I used an analogy...hmm...maybe this is why I should continue lurking...) (FYI I was gonna link something but I can't...so it's just that the orbits of Saturn's moon switch...and I ruined my analogy...)

Yeah... personally found physics quite difficult (the mc’s at least) and Chem wasn’t too easy either. Can’t say I know who Janus and Epithemus are but I get the gist 😂
It’s odd, I’m fairly certain both will moderate super well, and wouldn’t be surprised if one of them came close to this years ext2 either

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
I found the Physics exam very straightforward or "easy" though compared to last years. (Finished it an hour early, actually).

Whereas I found this year's Chemistry significantly harder than last year's, imo.
Respect! Expecting high 90’s from ya 😁😁

JeydinNewWon

HSC
Yeah... personally found physics quite difficult (the mc’s at least) and Chem wasn’t too easy either. Can’t say I know who Janus and Epithemus are but I get the gist 😂
It’s odd, I’m fairly certain both will moderate super well, and wouldn’t be surprised if one of them came close to this years ext2 either
Janus and Epimetheus are moons of Saturn that switch orbits every 4 years...I remember reading it in Horrible Science as a kid so it always peaked my interest.

Physics was easy for me, imo. I think I managed to get 18/19 out of 20 for MC, considering all the answers I'd read so far from multiple sources online. Fairly confident with it.

As for Chem, as I said, I think I can get raw mark of 85+ and I'm hoping some aligning magic can take that to B6. I've worked so hard for this subject because I had a bad teacher and unmotivated class! I just don't want it to go to waste.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Janus and Epimetheus are moons of Saturn that switch orbits every 4 years...I remember reading it in Horrible Science as a kid so it always peaked my interest.

Physics was easy for me, imo. I think I managed to get 18/19 out of 20 for MC, considering all the answers I'd read so far from multiple sources online. Fairly confident with it.

As for Chem, as I said, I think I can get raw mark of 85+ and I'm hoping some aligning magic can take that to B6. I've worked so hard for this subject because I had a bad teacher and unmotivated class! I just don't want it to go to waste.
That’s so good for physics, sounds like you’re set for a mid-high band 6 even. As for Chem a raw 85 will easily get band 6 : )

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Yeah everyone on the HSC discussion group on Facebook was having a heart attack after the exam
Legit 😂 haven’t seen one person on there not complaining. Wouldn’t take it as a very good sample space if you’re looking for an ATAR above 90 ahah

JeydinNewWon

HSC
Yeah everyone on the HSC discussion group on Facebook was having a heart attack after the exam
Honestly such a mood though. I did want to finish my HSC feeling confident about my final exam. Turns out NESA this year wanted to make Chemistry more challenging. Welp, this just means mark aligning will be good this year!

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Honestly such a mood though. I did want to finish my HSC feeling confident about my final exam. Turns out NESA this year wanted to make Chemistry more challenging. Welp, this just means mark aligning will be good this year!
Yeah, I mean ‘if everyone does bad it scales up’ should actually somewhat apply to Chem 😂 just hoping to be one of the few who do well

JeydinNewWon

HSC
Can’t wait for this comment to get taken down 😍

Yeah...nah, I think most people really would not want to look at the answers to an exam unless they're really confident. No one wants stress for the 6 soul-crushing agonising weeks until HSC results. If I look at those solutions, I swear I am going to projectile motion myself off of a mountain with maximum vertical velocity. The maximum height being my confidence as it depletes into oblivion as t approaches infinity.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
A few small mistakes later and it’s looking like around a 92-93 range raw... agh! Almost hope some of these solutions are wrong haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)