HSC Chemistry SOLUTIONS / Thoughts / Predictions (1 Viewer)

Luke322

HSC
im pretty sure when they got number of moles they multiplied that by avagadros constant (6.022*10^23). i have no idea why they used that constant tho :(
OHHH its cause thats how many molecules of the substance there is in one mole so they're finding the number of monomer molecules in the 0.001735mol which gives the answer

hscisbotshit

HSC
OHHH its cause thats how many molecules of the substance there is in one mole so they're finding the number of monomer molecules in the 0.001735mol which gives the answer
OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH that makes sense now thank uuuu so much

Luke322

HSC
best of luck for chem lads we've got this don't worry. Our great and generous overlords at NESA will make the exam easy because they love us.

HSC
omg I slacked so hard during my break and now im doomed :oops::oops::oops: hopefully my internal rank can save me lmao

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
I think it should.
View attachment 29461

The central hydrogen will see 5 neighboring hydrogens in unique environments. N + 1 rule will produce 6 peaks.
Actually, the 'red' H will be split into a quartet by the 3 'blue' H atoms and into a triplet by the 2 'green' hydrogens, so the 'red' H will have a signal that consists of a quartet of triplets and thus of 12 lines. However, it is likely that some will overlap and so the result is likely to be a multiplet.

NoUsername

HSC
Wait...everyone got a ph of 7.0 for that solution equilibrium question right? :oops: I think I stuffed that question up, but I'm confident with majority of the rest.

NN03

HSC
Wait...everyone got a ph of 7.0 for that solution equilibrium question right? :oops: I think I stuffed that question up, but I'm confident with majority of the rest.
What max. temp did you get for the last question?

NoUsername

HSC
What max. temp did you get for the last question?
I can't remember exactly, off the top of my head there was an increase of 50 somthing degrees, so the maximum was 70 something.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
What were the longer response questions you received?

MrGresh

HSC
It was so different to what I've seen before. A lot of the questions seemed very hard at first but turned out to be easier with some problem solving and thought.

But definitely harder than 2019 by a SIGNIFICANT margin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)