HSC Booklist (1 Viewer)

samantha_s

HSC
Hi, one of the texts I'm focusing on is Jane Eyre for my EE2 Critical Response. I heard that it isn't recommended to use a text that's on the HSC booklist. This is a little late, but is it true that this novel has been removed from the booklist?

Emph

HSC
samantha_s said:
Hi, one of the texts I'm focusing on is Jane Eyre for my EE2 Critical Response. I heard that it isn't recommended to use a text that's on the HSC booklist. This is a little late, but is it true that this novel has been removed from the booklist?
Well this is news to me. I too am using Jane Eyre and we had an assessment task last term and out of the 30 or so EE1 students in my grade I would say at least a third used Jane Eyre as a related text.

Oh but I just re-read your post and you are concerned about EE2 critical response. I can't help you there. Perhaps moving your post to the EE2 forum might limit confusion?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Its not on the booklist anymore, and also regarding using texts from the HSC prescription - I think its fine as long as you explore an angle separate from the 2/3 unit one. Which shouldn't really be a problem given the individualistic nature of the MW.

samantha_s

HSC
Oh ok, still, that's a relief. Even though it's off the list, do you think I'll have to take a new perspective anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)