Hsc At Tafe? (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
you can do languages thru OTEN or Open High School but it is BOS regulations that beginners language courses cannot be compressed so it will take 2 years for you to do jap

seedorf

HSC
N/A
hi guys, how do i apply for OTEN? im thinking of doing one subject through it.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
what is randwick tafe dominated of i mean nationality????

phatic

HSC
What is this! I rang Bradfield today, and apparently they don't run the reduced one year program. Have I been taken for a fool? Perhaps the weird lady I spoke to didn't like me.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
phatic said:
What is this! I rang Bradfield today, and apparently they don't run the reduced one year program. Have I been taken for a fool? Perhaps the weird lady I spoke to didn't like me.
Bradfield is a school run by TAFE NSW, so it only runs separate prelim/hsc years aka year 11 & 12. The majority of other TAFEs run the combined(aka matriculated) programs to give access for CGVE and mature age students.

Sasky

HSC
When I went in for the interview I was told the one year reduced program was available if you repeated the exact same subjects.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Sasky said:
When I went in for the interview I was told the one year reduced program was available if you repeated the exact same subjects.
that's not reduced since you are only doing the year 12 part, so important note for anyone thinking about bradfield- it is a school run by TAFE, not a normal TAFE, so delivery is over the same time period as school.

seedorf

HSC
N/A
hey guys, just wondering, am i allowed to defer a year of uni and take the HSC during that deferred year? like a security net - incase i fail HSC again

seedorf

HSC
N/A
Enrolment Information

2004 enrolments expire on the 30 November 2004, except for TAFE PLUS (commercial) courses.

Enrolments and re-enrolments for 2005 opened on the 8 November 2004

If you are enrolled in the 2005 academic year, please note that your enrolment will end on the 30 November 2005. If you need to continue studying beyond this date you will need to re-enrol and pay the required fees for 2006.

This does not apply to TAFE PLUS (commercial) courses which continue throughout the year.

???
Uh does this mean im too late to enrol?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
that does not apply to HSC, just find out the info day dates of your local HSC running TAFE and turn up, you are too late for the wollongong one though and most TAFEs will be having their HSC info days early next week so get yourself in order and I think deferring and continuing HSC won't have an adverse affect

seedorf

HSC
N/A
24th January, 6pm Ultimo TAFE (Night Sessions)

25th January, 9:30am Ultimo TAFE (Day Sessions)

are the Ultimo HSC Information Days if anyone needed to know

Adrian.

HSC
I'm not sure about the information day but the year 11s are re-enrolling on the 27th at Gosford TAFE.

Sasky

HSC
Anybody go to Ultimo today? I guess if ur enroling u might be still there. I went to see if I could do all the subjects I wanted to, but they all clash, and they seriously dont recommend doing more then 3 subjects.

If any one wants the subjects and to see whether or not they clash, give me a buzz.

Anyway... I'll either be going to Bradfield or uni. Anyone else going to Bradfield?

"CLEVER NAME"

HSC
i enrolled there today for the 2yr accumulated program.

i went to bradfield briefly 2 years ago. it depends on your personality, but i found many of the people there to be emotionally immature and slack with their work. it just seemed like a "last resort" TAFE for people who couldent fit in anywhere else.
trying to work on a project with someone who high on amphetamines or weed is pretty annoying.

maybe they just had a bad intake that year though, i hope it isnt like that for you if you do go there. still, if you just want to concerntrate on work then theres nothing stopping you, the teachers there were very good, exept for the biology one.

ps. did you want to do english and society and culture?. i ended up doing adv. english and both history courses. soc/culture next year, along with pdhpe which i can do at randwick.

seedorf

HSC
N/A
Sasky said:
Anybody go to Ultimo today? I guess if ur enroling u might be still there. I went to see if I could do all the subjects I wanted to, but they all clash, and they seriously dont recommend doing more then 3 subjects.

If any one wants the subjects and to see whether or not they clash, give me a buzz.

Anyway... I'll either be going to Bradfield or uni. Anyone else going to Bradfield?
you can do 3 (2units) subjects + a 1 unit subject. And then you can do the rest through OTEN, but it didnt seem promising. Especially when the maths guy made a big deal about how they were in par with 'state average' last year. Also my Ancient History and Extension 1 English and Maths clash too so thats a huge problem. Looks like its either Uni or most of the subjects through OTEN for me.

seedorf

HSC
N/A
CLEVER NAME said:
i enrolled there today for the 2yr accumulated program.

i went to bradfield briefly 2 years ago. it depends on your personality, but i found many of the people there to be emotionally immature and slack with their work. it just seemed like a "last resort" TAFE for people who couldent fit in anywhere else.
trying to work on a project with someone who high on amphetamines or weed is pretty annoying.

maybe they just had a bad intake that year though, i hope it isnt like that for you if you do go there. still, if you just want to concerntrate on work then theres nothing stopping you, the teachers there were very good, exept for the biology one.

ps. did you want to do english and society and culture?. i ended up doing adv. english and both history courses. soc/culture next year, along with pdhpe which i can do at randwick.
in all honesty the people at Ultimo didnt look too promising either :(

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
seedorf said:
you can do 3 (2units) subjects + a 1 unit subject. And then you can do the rest through OTEN, but it didnt seem promising. Especially when the maths guy made a big deal about how they were in par with 'state average' last year. Also my Ancient History and Extension 1 English and Maths clash too so thats a huge problem. Looks like its either Uni or most of the subjects through OTEN for me.
DON'T DO IT THROUGH OTEN! It makes it 20 times more difficult.
If you are having problems finding the classes try the night classes that are offered at various TAFEs as this should not clash with your timetable and night class people are generally a better bunch too as they're usually people with jobs or kids that are there to get a HSC not muck around. Next the subject load only applies to someone who has completed neither year 11 or year 12, personally I am on my second year at HSC at TAFE with no year11 or 12 experience and have just enrolled in Xt1&2 Eng, 4u math, chemistry and physics all in the combined form, so just enroll in subs YOU choose and don't let the faculty push you around.

seedorf

HSC
N/A
kami said:
DON'T DO IT THROUGH OTEN! It makes it 20 times more difficult.
If you are having problems finding the classes try the night classes that are offered at various TAFEs as this should not clash with your timetable and night class people are generally a better bunch too as they're usually people with jobs or kids that are there to get a HSC not muck around. Next the subject load only applies to someone who has completed neither year 11 or year 12, personally I am on my second year at HSC at TAFE with no year11 or 12 experience and have just enrolled in Xt1&2 Eng, 4u math, chemistry and physics all in the combined form, so just enroll in subs YOU choose and don't let the faculty push you around.
yes but im basically repeating the subjects i did last year (with the exception of Modern History and Economics, high band5s), so it cant be that hard through OTEN right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)